Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Double Decal M40

Article about: This helmet is not in my primary field of collecting and I was wondering if anybody could offer their opinions on it. I know that there is some controversy surrounding double decal M40's. Th

Default Double Decal M40

This helmet is not in my primary field of collecting and I was wondering if anybody could offer their opinions on it. I know that there is some controversy surrounding double decal M40's. Thanks for your time in advance.

Double Decal M40

More pictures:
    M35 DOUBLE DECAL HELMET Slideshow by uptheroyals | Photobucket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal M40
    P
    Many

Not keen on it myself but lets see what others say.
    Edit: oh and welcome to the forum
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Double decal M40's did exist... Even though the order was given to remove the National Colors - they still (some) came out of the factory with them applied (sorry, do not have my references to post at this time)... Your National Color decal looks a bit funny. Almost as if there is a "finger print" in the red field... Also looks like the red was painted? Getting into decal specifics is not my expertise... Others here are gurus when it comes to that..... I do like the lid though!....

Its the decals that don't look right they are not straight but im not sure if they where placed by hand or
    not when being manufactured.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

They are feasible and I like the one you're showing. Doesn't seem like any hanky panky going on and has commensurate wear thru out. Only my 2 cents.

The only DD M40 Heer helmets I have seen have been Quist produced. That said, this one does not look unconvincing. I would wait for further comments from our friendly helmet geeks.

?

99.9% of the time someone posts one of these configuration lids, It is confirmed as a fake within minutes so it is most unusual as it does seem original although like Krad said wait for further comments. I would imagine from Doug B etc. i could be wrong but I do believe decals were sometimes applied at field level by troops. this certainly happened on ocassions with the SS so I don't necessarily see why the army would be different. It would explain for me why the national shield is so misaligned. Cheers, Sean.

A sample from the GHW lot number database which brackets this helmet here. At this point I would say it did not leave the factory with a national decal. A better close up of the decal would be useful too.

M40 DN52 NS 66 SD Heer
    M40 DN55 NS 66 SD Heer
    M40 DN64 NS 66 Camo (Branch unknown)
    M40 DN67 NS 64 SD Heer
    M40 DN68 NS 62 SD Heer

Decal close ups. Thanks guys for your opinions so far.

Double Decal M40Double Decal M40

?

They look original to me, I would think this left the factory as a single decal M40 and the national shield was maybe field applied by the soldier issued it. Again see what the others say as well. Cheers, Sean.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast