Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!

Article about: Here is the Wehrmacht from the same place.

?

Default double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!

Here is the Wehrmacht from the same place.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!   double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!  

double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!   double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!  

double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!   double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: double decal Wehrmacht stalhelm!

Same opinion as the SS im afraid. Aged with sandpaper, inside dome shiny and new, compare to the 'aged' rest of the helmet. The small marks on the exterior are just a little too even and consistent over the entire surface.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks for your eye! Lesson well learned.

I will have to agree with AdrianC.

?

This and the SS worried me from the start, i think the inside edges of the liner itself scream repro, there too white and not consistent with age or wear ,again the inside dome is too new looking compared with the remainder, the paint work appears to be reapplied then badly aged, then the helmet itself , the rolled edges appear rough to the eye and not what you would expect to see on an original

Dezades
    ?

Indeed the liner is too new looking

However, i have a struggle seeing that the decals and paintwork are fakes!

Can someone tell me signs of fakeness on these?

Thanks!

Quote by Dezades View Post
    Indeed the liner is too new looking

However, i have a struggle seeing that the decals and paintwork are fakes!

Can someone tell me signs of fakeness on these?

Thanks!
    In my opinion the paintwork has been quite poorly aged. If you look there are small bits where the paint has been deliberately chipped off, the only trouble with this is that whoever did it has evenly placed all the chips across the helmets surface and natural wear and tear didn't happen like this. Most wear would have been to the top of the helmet where it would have been placed liner up by the soldier. Another place that wear occurs is around the rim of the skirt for the same reason, that is the part of the helmet that makes contact with what ever it is placed on. The fresh paint on the inside of the helmet is another dead give away.The liner is very tidy, showing no signs of sweat related wear or staining so.. by logic we can assume that those awful decals are fake.And the chances are this helmet would only have the eagle decal. If it was genuine and had seen service the national colours decal would have been removed or painted over. This helmet is an M40, its supposed to be 70 years old and it sure doesn't look it.

Dezades
    ?

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    In my opinion the paintwork has been quite poorly aged. If you look there are small bits where the paint has been deliberately chipped off, the only trouble with this is that whoever did it has evenly placed all the chips across the helmets surface and natural wear and tear didn't happen like this. Most wear would have been to the top of the helmet where it would have been placed liner up by the soldier. Another place that wear occurs is around the rim of the skirt for the same reason, that is the part of the helmet that makes contact with what ever it is placed on. The fresh paint on the inside of the helmet is another dead give away.The liner is very tidy, showing no signs of sweat related wear or staining so.. by logic we can assume that those awful decals are fake.And the chances are this helmet would only have the eagle decal. If it was genuine and had seen service the national colours decal would have been removed or painted over. This helmet is an M40, its supposed to be 70 years old and it sure doesn't look it.
    Ah, thank you! I see it. But I do believe it's an M35
    Last edited by Dezades; 05-12-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Quote by Dezades View Post
    Ah, thank you! I see it. But I do believe it's an M35
    True. My mistake.

I should have looked at the pictures properly.duh . It looks to me like a letter 'R' stamped into the rear skirt of the helmet, anyone got any ideas what that means?!? Ive never seen that before, does it mean.... Repro?
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 05-12-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast