Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DRK decal help

Article about: Hello Guys ,I have a Ouist beaded m40 With DRK decals which i,m not sure about .The guy i got it off (some years ago) said it was over painted black with the Drk decal showing and the luftsh

?

Default DRK decal help

Hello Guys ,I have a Ouist beaded m40 With DRK decals which i,m not sure about .The guy i got it off (some years ago) said it was over painted black with the Drk decal showing and the luftshutze appeared after removing the black paint ,do you think it was a luftshutze used helmet first then used by the DRK or has someone made it into a DRK helmet by putting repro stickers on it ,any info would be welcome.Regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK decal help   DRK decal help  

DRK decal help   DRK decal help  

DRK decal help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK decal help
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRK decal help

Not for me. Here are pictures of a real DRK bird (on a sd M34) and a real tri color (on a 3-piece gladiator shell that has a second pattern LW bird on the left) for comparison.Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK decal help   DRK decal help  

DRK decal help  

Yeah I agree, in comparison with Jim's decal the ankles and neck / chin of the bird are quite different. The tricolour looks bad as well IMO. Also notice the red in both the decals is the same strange orange-ish tone. Both bad decals made by the same manufacturer perhaps.

Not sure if anyone noticed but on the original the top part of the wings is flat and on the discussion one they seem to be on an angle. At least I see that....

?

Thanks everyone ,Paul

I miss this one.
    bad decals.
    chris