Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DRK round bottom decals

Article about: Nice helmet! Is there a white circle around the cross on the front? Also, is the decal similar to medic decals or are those just fantasy? Here is one:

Default Re: Medic Helmets

Otto you bring up a good point from what I have read on Walhalla. If I still had my helmet I would check it out with a microscope.

There are a few things that I would argue for its authenticity. First, the wear and coloring on the pointed bottom and the round bottom...judging from the ones I have examined in hand, are identical. Second, I purchased my helmet from a very reliable source and have also seen these being owned by advanced collectors and being sold by many respected dealers, who have without doubt examined them very closely. My curiosity is alight, and I'd like to know for sure. Otto, I think it is a mistake to flat out say they are fake based only on the reasons you provided. Perhaps a microscope examination is the only verification.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK round bottom decals
    P
    Many

Here are more photos of my DRK round bottom. I noticed some of my photos made their way onto GHW, I am not sure how since I don't remember posting them before.

DRK round bottom decals DRK round bottom decals DRK round bottom decals DRK round bottom decals DRK round bottom decals

?

DRK round bottom decals

?

Ive heard this argument before. Alot of people dont like the round bottom decals, but Ive never heard a reason other than, never seen in period photos. Interesting topic about helmets that are pretty neat IMO. Wonder if someone can come up with a period pic??

?

The text shown re a pointed shield seems to suggest that there is another type, from the photo its quite obvious that the shield is pointed so why mention that fact unless there is a variation plus include it in brackets

Quote by davejb View Post
    The text shown re a pointed shield seems to suggest that there is another type, from the photo its quite obvious that the shield is pointed so why mention that fact unless there is a variation plus include it in brackets
    I was thinking the same thing Dave - its not so much what Ludwig says but what he doesn't say!!! ( I'm voting for TWO variations )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Doug, do you have one? Can you run it under that fancy usb microscope of yours if you do?

I'd love to study one that has a chance under the microscope , if someone has an example that they wish to send to me.
    The ones posted in this topic from Espenlaub are no good in my opinion.
    And apparently these round bottom ones are not well liked by most collectors.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Dave - its not so much what Ludwig says but what he doesn't say!!! ( I'm voting for TWO variations )
    Dan
    Voting on what's real and what's not sounds a bit silly to me. Lets use the tools at hand and common sense.
    I already had the pointy DRK decal under the microscope and it shares traits with a party shield in color and print and a tricolor. The round bottom should have the same traits.

?

A current discussion on GHW

http://www.walhalla.se/topic/37471-f...0&#entry418639

I do not own any DRK helmets, as Frank has said he's done some work the accepted pointy bottom. I'd like to see a similar comparison done on a round bottom. Perhaps Frank could be sent one to compare.

I split the topic as the discussion on round bottom DRK decals is different than medic Helmets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast