Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay helmet

Article about: Not sure if it is okay to post about an item on Ebay and if it is not allowed, please delete this post. I want to know if this item, 230848632060 , could possibly be real. Looks like the rea

Default Ebay helmet

Not sure if it is okay to post about an item on Ebay and if it is not allowed, please delete this post. I want to know if this item, 230848632060 , could possibly be real. Looks like the real thing but you never know. Thank you, Jon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ebay helmet

Link:
    WW2 GERMAN HELMET LEATHER CARRIER, ORIG., COMPLETE | eBay

Ebay helmet

It does not look like any strap I have ever seen before. I think it shows the right age, and I can see some German characteristics, namely the stitching, but I wouldn't venture into buying it just yet. It is best to wait for more opinions.

Regards,
    Corey

If you study alot of war time photos of the wehrmacht you will see many different set ups or strap configurations for use as camo straps, bread bag straps mostly, but also some in the field hand made straps such as leather straps off of equipment, there is a chance that this is real, but without holding it or smelling it I couldnt say for sure, remember that its pretty easy to age leather and the price seems to be going really high, if you want this "look" for a helmet just get an original bread bag strap, they are plentiful and cheap, and look great on a lid.
    All the best
    Max

I would highly doubt it but more photos would be needed to say for sure.

Hello,i could not say about the authenticity of this peice as you really need to have these things in hand to even stand a chance.I have noticed however that alot of these type of carriers surface on ebay so all things being equel i would say that 99%of them are east european fakes.I think that MAXIMUS71 has given a great bit of advice on this one,it will save you a packet and is most likely to be more authentic looking than a well aged modern repro.Good luck whatever you decide!!

FALLSCHIRMJAGERS right suddenly there's a spate appearing on fleabay most likely all from the same source,3 years ago i saw only 2 in a year now its 5 a week,be-wary regards minnie.