Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ebay items I'm interested in.

Article about: Hello all! I'd like to ask, if you could please help me better understand some helmets that I'm looking at getting on Ebay if a local military collectibles show thing goes bust. All currency

You’re not dumb Aircap - it’s something that I wouldn’t have thought about a few years ago. It just takes time and reading lots of old threads, seeing lots of examples and eventually you’ll be armed with enough information to spot the easy fakes a mile away.

Wires and camos are one of the most fakes of helmets due to the price they command. Even if a wire looks old and extremely convincing it may have been applied in the 70’s. My advice if you really want one would be to study them in depth, save your dollars and purchase one with provenance from an advanced collectors collection. It might take a while but in the end you’ll have a helmet that will satisfy you with its authenticity when you look at it in the collection. You won’t get that on eBay.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay items I'm interested in.
    P
    Many

Dunno if you could do me a quick favor and look at my recent post about an M40 Luftwaffe relic helmet with wire.

And I probably will. Wired helmets not only look absolutely gorgeous, but go for more than the usual prices.

Hi aircap1
    You appear to be determined to buy any sort of Helmet off E-Bay ... There really is some junk out there, with sellers who are just out to Rip you off.

Take notice of what the more experienced Users on this Forum are telling you, and don't try and justify that piece of junk is really good cos you've got a better picture of it.
    You try selling it on in a few years and see if your hard earned cash that you put into those Helmets was really worth it.

Agree with others, the items you posted are way overpriced for relic lids, whether they are rusted out snow camo or an imaginary camo relic. None of them will be worth any more money in the future. The barbed wire thing is a ghastly fake. Save your money and get something decent that can be an appropriate centre piece to your collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2