Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

eBay listing. Is this authentic?

Article about: WW2 German M35 Navy Helmet with liner and chinstrap. 100% original and authentic | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eBay listing. Is this authentic?
    P
    Many

I'd be very skeptical of anything being sold on eBay.
    It looks almost as if the scratching has been intentionally focused around the decal. The finish also looks far too shiny.
    That's a couple of casual observations from a non-expert. Please don't take my word as gospel, but wait for the helmet boffins to arrive.

Regards, B.B.

i really want something i know is authentic...i just dont know if i can afford anything lol...

there is also this one that i see

German helmet M40 | eBay

- - ------- - -

i appreciate your input though...means a lot that you took some time to respond.

?

Please post pics when starting a thread... When this auction is over, all of the non info is useless to others... The pics are bad ... Perhaps another member can do better.. Welcome to the forum... G
    Attached Images Attached Images eBay listing. Is this authentic?  eBay listing. Is this authentic?  eBay listing. Is this authentic?  eBay listing. Is this authentic? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I don't own an original German helmet for the same reason; I've never had the stomach or patience to save up for one. I also find the market intimidating, given the massive amount of fakery that goes on.
    But if you want a decent example, you'll need to save. You'll want to go through a reputable dealer, especially one that offers a money back guarantee or grace period after the item is bought.
    There are even originals for sale on the classifieds here, although if you're planning on sticking around I'd advise that you post any prospective purchases beforehand. There are members who will be able to scrutinize a lid and tell you whether it's the real deal or a duff one, which can save you an immense amount of money.

I'll be brutally honest, German combat helmets are not cheap and probably never will be. I can only advise that you do what I plan to do, which is to keep putting money away and keep an eye out. If you really want an original German lid on a budget, the Luftschutz helmets in particular can be very affordable. Although they aren't 'combat' helmets, they will have seen period use and have a history of their own.

As ever, post anything you like here before buying.

Regards and best wishes, B.B.

for future reference
    eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?eBay listing. Is this authentic?

From now on, please do NOT just post links. As said, the thread will become useless for others as a future reference.
    Save the photos to your computer and post them directly to this site. Do not use an outside photo hosting site either. It is very simple to upload photos directly to your thread as demonstrated here by others.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

understood

MAP
    ?

From what I can see is that this is possibly a good KM decal. I think I see the raised edged of the two layer decal. Although some of the chips and varnish obscure some of the other features I would like to see.

As said, the helmet also appears to be poorly varnished including maybe even the liner. Many vets did this to "preserve" their helmets (mistakenly so). Most collectors stay away from varnished helmets while some do not mind under the right circumstances (I own a minty vet bring back DD Heer that was varnished but bought it directly from the vets family and with provenance)

That said...there are a few things that give me pause...It has what appears to be a Zinc liner. To me this means at best it is a factory refurbished helmet with replacement liner (hence only a single decal?) but the color under the vanish still appears to be the apple green.

Hopefully others with more experience can validate or refute my comments.

In the end it sold for $700. If real, and you can stomach the varnish, not a bad price IMHO for a KM. But it is one I would want to see in hand and one I would probably pass on.

KM's are even more rare than SS helmets. And not a good place to start. As brother Brodie noted, start saving money but also start simple. A no decal M42 or Single or no decal Heer M40 are a great place to start. The "plain janes" of the helmet world, but iconic in their own right. Patience is the key and while legitimate helmets can be found on ebay, it is NOT a place for beginners as 95% of the items there are humped up junk. The classified section here typically has a selection of helmets for sale.

To end.....patience and save for just the right moment when you see "the one". You will know when you see it. Don't rush. There were millions of helmets made so you will eventually find one. All of us helmet geeks were in the same place as every first helmet buyer so we know from experience.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's a varnished KM, in my opinion-inside and out. Unfortunately, this would ruin any interest it may have had for me. There is, as far as I know, no way to undo the brushed on varnish. A shame, as good KM's are difficult to find. But, $711 plus shipping? Not for me...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast