Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fake

Article about: This was sold on ebay a while ago (not to me) and I have no idea whether this helmet is the real deal or not, but hope not given what the seller put in his description: THE HELMET HAD TWO DE

Default Ebay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fake

This was sold on ebay a while ago (not to me) and I have no idea whether this helmet is the real deal or not, but hope not given what the seller put in his description:

THE HELMET HAD TWO DECALS WHICH IVE NOW DEFACED "PERMANENTLY!",SO PLEASE DONT ASSUME THEY WILL BE REVEALLED WITH A LITTLE WORK AS THIS IS DEFFINATLY NOT THE CASE.

IVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH EBAY ADMIN ON TWO OCCASIONS REGARDING THIS HELMET'S DECALS & WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO DEFACE THEM PERMANENTLY IN ORDER TO CONFORM WITH EBAY RULES,SO REGRETABLY IVE SCRATCHED THEM OFF WITH A KNIFE,AS MERELY COVERING THEM UP WASNT ACCEPTABLE WHICH I FULLY APPRECIATE.

Please tell me that this was a fake

Ebay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fakeEbay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fakeEbay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fakeEbay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ebay stahlhelm: Defaced decals - please tell me it's a fake

Don't worry, it is all postwar.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

it's not just a fake, it's a bad fake, and ugly one too haha

+1 Postwar. I hope this story doesn't play out for real though Muggles can cause so much damage in their innocent ignorance.

?

I know it's postwar, but one word.....idiot

Quote by Normandie View Post
    it's not just a fake, it's a bad fake, and ugly one too haha
    Only the decals are fake !.... the helmet is a perfectly good M52 Police/BGS helmet, manufactured by "Linnemann & Schnetzer".......badly repainted !
    Prost ! Steve.

There WILL come a day when we will bemoan the fact that all the post war reissues have also been lost - turned into WW2 Frankensteins and representative of NEITHER era!

Dan

?

I got my three post war BGS lids....shame to see one wrecked!!

I would like a good representative BGS helmet at some point, it would go nicely with my checkpoint sign.

Thanks ...could have been worse then . This show's how Ebay's (and others) rather blinkered view of that period of history and the associated symbols could result in the destruction of significant pieces of TR history. If this had been an ET M35 fat runes LAH for example, someone unaware of the monetary and historical value would have picked up the knife and started scrapping before anyone had the opportunity to say NOOOOOOOO!!!