Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ef m42 68 heer (bath tub)

Article about: Well...after the decade long desire.... EF 68 Heer...EF house decal. Don't think this one ever had a strap installed due to the oxidation on the bales. I know the 68's are not everyone's fav

Default Ef m42 68 heer (bath tub)

Well...after the decade long desire.... EF 68 Heer...EF house decal (HJK). Don't think this one ever had a strap installed due to the oxidation on the bales. I know the 68's are not everyone's favorite, but they are mine. That EF bird is very difficult to find undamaged due to how flimsy it was made, many were not even lacquer coated. Some annoying "rust freckles", but I can live with them. This one...whoever owned it before me, loved it very much. (Not as much as I)
    Thanks for looking, David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ef m42 68 heer (bath tub)   Ef m42 68 heer (bath tub)  

Ef m42 68 heer (bath tub)   Ef m42 68 heer (bath tub)  

Last edited by real steel; 05-29-2018 at 01:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ef m42 68 heer (bath tub)
    P
    Many

Nice ............ I'll take It
    I love size 68 shells!

Quote by Zak9990 View Post
    Nice ............ I'll take It
    I love size 68 shells!
    You do too ? You have good taste !!
    Thanks, D.

Yeah, Did you ever see a size 60 or 62 German shell displayed beside an American WW2 Pot ?
    It makes the German helmet look like a child's helmet. Size 66 is OK but to me the size 68's looks
    like a man's helmet.
    Also, your new EF68 M42 (Bathtub) has a nice tight to the shell unmessed with liner!
    Anyway, I hope for our sake more people pass on the 68's!
    Great find!!

I do not own a size 62 helmet...never will. These days in my old cranky attitude...I don't care for 64 either. My last 3 helmets were 68's. It's what I love. The helmet I just purchased is 100% untouched. Possibly never issued. But there is a bit of "fraying" around the upper part of the leather. Possibly post war fun ? Not sure
    David

Beautiful helmet David. I would think it was QM store unissued. Is the scuffiing on the liner edge from helmet stacking?

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I do not own a size 62 helmet...never will. These days in my old cranky attitude...I don't care for 64 either. My last 3 helmets were 68's. It's what I love. The helmet I just purchased is 100% untouched. Possibly never issued. But there is a bit of "fraying" around the upper part of the leather. Possibly post war fun ? Not sure
    David
    Cranky attitude? Check!

I love 64's as this is the perfect shape for the Stahlhelm IMHO. Plus 68's take up too much shelf space.

Did I not know about this? Or am I losing my memory?

Beautiful helmet! Congrats! Agree. 100% unissued.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Beautiful helmet David. I would think it was QM store unissued. Is the scuffing on the liner edge from helmet stacking?
    I think you'd see a similar transfer mark on the shell ( like but not as intense as with British Mk I / Mk 2 helmets ) if it was a stacking mark.
    I believe its probably just the natural checking as the leather has air dried over the decades at the point of an acute directional change ( chinstraps do a similar thing )

Beaudy-ful helmet David!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Another great addition to your collection - the decal really is in superb condition and I think it would be good to add this to the other decals you have posted in the decal forum. Great point of reference.
    As for the shell size - well i'll take any size if the helmet is nice!
    Nick

A real Bobby Dazzler of a helmet!

Jonathan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast