Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ein Soldaten Helm

Article about: Hi Everyone I just wanted to post this guy I picked up last week and say hello! Its an ET66 LOT 223. I am new to collecting .... I only started Late Nov 2019. I know it is not a race haha...

Wehrmacht Heer helmet covers do not have clips, only a string and they were very often more damaged by the helmet than the opposite
    Considering these marks on both sides of the helmet, perhaps it's rather clips from a breadbag strap. Just a guess
    Thanks
    There's a new Spiess in the youtube garrison, so 150 push-ups in a row, 15 stadium laps and no leave for the next month for all those who don't type " d3rNooB Spi3ss " in the YT search bar......Verstanden ?

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ein Soldaten Helm
    P
    Many

Or some chicken wire variation. Looking at the Baer book has a couple Heer examples. The one shown though would make it seems as if the wear then would be all around the rim of the helm. (Hands up emoji). Well all good thoughts indeed

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Wehrmacht Heer helmet covers do not have clips, only a string and they were very often more damaged by the helmet than the opposite
    Considering these marks on both sides of the helmet, perhaps it's rather clips from a breadbag strap. Just a guess
    Thanks

?

I may be seeing things, but image #4 seems to show the ‘ghost’ of a breadbag strap across the front...

Nice and salty like it was picked up on the battlefield just yesterday.

I really like it.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12