Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

embarrassed to ask about helmet liner

Article about: I purchased this liner for a civic fire helmet , im confused as to the mounting of the chin strap,should it have a band of metal as the wehrmacht helmets ?

Default embarrassed to ask about helmet liner

I purchased this liner for a civic fire helmet , im confused as to the mounting of the chin strap,should it have a band of metal as the wehrmacht helmets ?embarrassed to ask about helmet linerembarrassed to ask about helmet linerembarrassed to ask about helmet liner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement embarrassed to ask about helmet liner
    P
    Many

Default Re: embarrassed to ask about helmet liner

Hi, The chinstrap was usually riveted directly to the cardboard band. Find the four holes for the liner pins and any remaining holes should be for the chinstrap.

Quote by tbk0000 View Post
    Hi, The chinstrap was usually riveted directly to the cardboard band. Find the four holes for the liner pins and any remaining holes should be for the chinstrap.
    +1

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    +1
    there are only four holes that i can see,and when offered up to a civic helmet and a luftshutz one piece front two dont even line up,strange.

Hi again,
    This Spanish link has several good pictures of the M34 liner and chinstrap varities ALEMÁN M.
    Your liner is unusual as the leather of the dome pad joins directly to the band (usually there is a gap).
    Below are the best pictures I have of the liner and chinstrap rivet.
    Cheers Terry
    embarrassed to ask about helmet liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture embarrassed to ask about helmet liner