Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.

Article about: Evening all, the beers taking hold and I have just been looking at this cammo M35. Through my alcoholic haze this appears to me to be a superb ex DAK combat helmet to me. It seems to be a fa

Default Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.

Evening all, the beers taking hold and I have just been looking at this cammo M35. Through my alcoholic haze this appears to me to be a superb ex DAK combat helmet to me. It seems to be a factory refurbished M35 that has had it's first paint scheme stripped completely and then sprayed Luftwaffe blue leaving no trace of decals. The "tan" over paint has a nice pinkish hue and has had a green spray added at a later date when the soldat made it to Italy or alike in my opinion. The naming also seems good to me and shows use from a Luftwaffe flak-artillery soldat.
    Your sober thoughts are appreciated as cammo's like this a very scarce over here in Europe as most seem to reside in the US!
    Cheers!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.   Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.  

Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.   Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.  

Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.  Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.  Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ex DAK? Cammo M35 helmet.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

It's got potential Leon....but I'm in my cell phone and no reading glasses....so my full opinion (which as you know isn't worth much) will have to wait till I'm home and have a few beers myself

I will say.....I think I've seen this one before. I seem to remember the name written in Orange. Is it a local sale?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks good to my early morning view - and if the faker helmet "smart artists" could come up with patina like this we'd all be stuffed!!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Looks good to my early morning view - and if the faker helmet "smart artists" could come up with patina like this we'd all be stuffed!!!

Cheers, Dan
    Exactly Dan, my blurry vision is looking for faults such as the four similar and almost parallel scratches to the right hand side, but HELL, that's four amongst hundreds and the cammo paranoia kicks in! I think it is fine and those are just what they are as they are not shown in any similar fashion across the rest of the steel. Thanks for your thoughts, Leon.

MAP
    ?

It looks like a good one Leon but I can't enlarge the photos to get a close up view to say with 100% confidence and can't see the "pink". Maybe my tired eyes

From the little photos, some people may see a few "tool" marks but the over all wear seems to be very plausible. And with any camo, there will always be the un-explained mark or two.

That said I see no red flags and it is a fantastic looking helmet (hmmm...maybe it should be in my camo patch )

As said in my first post, I am sure I have seen this one before. Maybe over at GHW. Not sure. Hope I'm not going crazy.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    It's got potential Leon....but I'm in my cell phone and no reading glasses....so my full opinion (which as you know isn't worth much) will have to wait till I'm home and have a few beers myself

I will say.....I think I've seen this one before. I seem to remember the name written in Orange. Is it a local sale?
    Hi Michael, well if you count Scotland as local then yes!! To us in the UK, that's another country but to you guys in the US it's a trip to the corner shop!! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Michael, well if you count Scotland as local then yes!! To us in the UK, that's another country but to you guys in the US it's a trip to the corner shop!! Leon.
    LoL...Especially if you live out West where a trip to town is a 3 hour drive

MAP
    ?

If you get it...I can't wait to see better photos! Nice to see you pick up a camo!!!

The pics are quite low res, I would like to see sharper close ups of the paint, however it does stand a chance, I like the patina and the uneven paint coverage.

If this one is no good then, what is?, I like it, better pictures would help out, but I am sure you know that

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast