Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Exiting chicken wire, and zeltbahn

Article about: Insults have no place in this forum. This is a first and final warning on the subject. Cheers, Ade.

andy1902
    ?

Default Re: Exiting chicken wire, and zeltbahn

you seen to like looking at pictures!! you think the rust is pink! wrong you think the wear marks are clean! wrong ,you think the camo is not ww2!wrong you think it should fray ,semi waterproof material!!( but yes in places it has) and you think its a put together,and your a collector!! i an sitting here holding the said helmet, the cloth is near as damm it sticking to the helmet covered in rust, chicken wire molded to the cloth original rust,liner fragile,everything very tight,andYou would pull it apart to look for a possible decal!!!! your mad,you take helmets like this as they are HISTORY,pull a helmet apart to find a decal,GLORY HUNTER!! as for the makers marks i have said that i cannot get to see them as the rim hooks are in the way, would you like me to take them off as well ? they are very tight could do it with pliers!!
    andy
    Last edited by andy1902; 07-30-2010 at 05:34 PM.

2. # ADS

andy1902 you seam very defensive, I'm guessing your the seller. If you are the buyer I would say you got ripped off. First of all the Zelt is not a waterproof material and would easily pick up rust stains. I have one that had an old wet metal stake wrapped in it for 6 months and it did stain, where are the stains on this on? Also the zelt should have frayed where it was cut just from daily use. Looks like it was just cut.

Mind you I am no expert on WW2 helmets, but I can even tell the problems with this one. I would get off of your high horse and be humbled by the experts on this site. ( not me )

Just my two cents.

andy1902
    ?

i am sitting here with the helmet in my hands, and you are telling me there are no stains on the zelt!!! it is covered in stains, and you also think i am the seller? idiot.

Well, if you're happy with it, what difference does it make what anybody thinks.
    And pardon me, did I say I was a collector?................You call people names, why, because they don't agree with your summations.
    I just hope, if and when you decide to sell it, you tell the truth.

Believable? No..........................not a chance, but the that is just my humble opinion.

Enjoy your purchase, personally I'd rather have a real one

3mk
    ?

If you arnt the seller, How come your defending it? If I bought a bad item with out knowing I would take it in instead of arguing against the people telling me its bad.

Also, You cant call Oakrodent an idiot for stating his thoughts

Andy, One of the purposes of this forum is for members to discuss the authenticity of a particular piece, and obviously this can only be done by looking at the pictures. Often there are differences of opinion, and disagreements, but we are supposed to be civil towards each other. Your first few posts seemed a bit "in your face" to me. Most of the members who evaluated the pictures concluded that the piece was not correct. That is their right. I am in that camp. You disagree, and that is your right. It is not your opinion on the authenticity of the piece that offends me, it is your attitude. I was not going to post anything else on this thread, but when I saw that you called another member an idiot because he disagrees with your assessment, I feel compelled to respond. I for one enjoy the free interchange of opinions on this forum. I have been collecting for decades, but I still learn much from the senior and more knowledgeable members. Hopefully I am able to educate some of those newer to the hobby on occasion. Attitudes like yours are a tremendous distraction. I personally would prefer if you simply kept those ad hominum attacks to yourself, and I suspect that I am not alone in that sentiment. Feel free to express your opinions, but if you persist in your antagonistic ways, I for one would prefer if you just stopped participating altogether. Just one man's opinion. Cheers, Jim G.

+1

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Andy, One of the purposes of this forum is for members to discuss the authenticity of a particular piece, and obviously this can only be done by looking at the pictures. Often there are differences of opinion, and disagreements, but we are supposed to be civil towards each other. Your first few posts seemed a bit "in your face" to me. Most of the members who evaluated the pictures concluded that the piece was not correct. That is their right. I am in that camp. You disagree, and that is your right. It is not your opinion on the authenticity of the piece that offends me, it is your attitude. I was not going to post anything else on this thread, but when I saw that you called another member an idiot because he disagrees with your assessment, I feel compelled to respond. I for one enjoy the free interchange of opinions on this forum. I have been collecting for decades, but I still learn much from the senior and more knowledgeable members. Hopefully I am able to educate some of those newer to the hobby on occasion. Attitudes like yours are a tremendous distraction. I personally would prefer if you simply kept those ad hominum attacks to yourself, and I suspect that I am not alone in that sentiment. Feel free to express your opinions, but if you persist in your antagonistic ways, I for one would prefer if you just stopped participating altogether. Just one man's opinion. Cheers, Jim G.
    Eloquently put Jim.

Andy please take notice Jim has explained the way we expect people to conduct themselves here whether they agree with what others say or not , it is ok to agree to disagree without posting insults.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Andy, the members are just trying to help you, thats a bad helmet ,the leather liner is also a fake ,get your money back if you can asap, good luck Dave

?

be angry at the seller not the people here, there some good people here more then willing to help out so use them (in a good way) just don't abuse them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast