Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Fake German Steel helmets

Article about: I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

fabio84
    ?

Default Re: Fake German Steel helmets

thank a lot guys for your help! how much is it worth?

2. # ADS

Only a display piece, wouldn't pay anymore then $100 posted, but that's just me

Jason

Default Re: SS helmet

Not sure if i should post this question here. Im fairly new to collecting. Im looking at these fake helmets. The pictures look like the real thing and then some. But with no explanation of what is fake about each helmet pictured the only thing i get from it is to stay away from helmets unless it were habded to you by a vet. Im not complaining. I love this sight and forum. Just need to know more ( : Thanks Mike

plasticroad4
    ?

Hi guys, this is my first time posting on this board, after reading your posts, I now have a very basic understanding of what to look for in spotting a fake. Here is a helmet that I found but in looking at the SS decal and the liner, I have my doubts, any ideas? The owner says that it's stamped 'Q64' on the inside right and on the inside rear it's stamped '941'. The owner also indicated that this helmet was refurbished before the 1970's. I have not seen the helmet in person yet.

Fake German Steel helmetsFake German Steel helmetsFake German Steel helmets
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake German Steel helmets 
    Last edited by plasticroad4; 06-27-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Spelling and display errors

?

I have never seen a liner like that.

Regards, Lars

I think it's a Norwegian postwar liner, need better pictures of the it to confirm, I'm pretty certain that underneath that black paint and SS decals is Norwegian postwar paint.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

I had the impression that the Norwegian liners were originals dyed in a reddish dark brown color.

Regards, Lars

There is another type, a Norwegian made liner, I'm not sure if I've seen these in Army/Airforce helmets before, but I've seen them a lot in Civil branch helmets. Underneath you can see one of them in a "Industrial protection" helmet.

(Picture borrowed from mauserk98 from Samleforumet)

Fake German Steel helmets
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Thanks Vegar i managed to learn something today.

Mvh, Lars

Quote by plasticroad4 View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first time posting on this board, after reading your posts, I now have a very basic understanding of what to look for in spotting a fake. Here is a helmet that I found but in looking at the SS decal and the liner, I have my doubts, any ideas? The owner says that it's stamped 'Q64' on the inside right and on the inside rear it's stamped '941'. The owner also indicated that this helmet was refurbished before the 1970's. I have not seen the helmet in person yet.
    This is the classic 1960's/70's fake SS helmet. That type of fake decal is pretty much only found on these. I think they originate from Japan. The liner isn't the usual type though, I think Vegar might be right on his ID (new info for me also).

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast