Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Fake German Steel helmets

Article about: I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

thunderdownunder
    ?

Default Re: Fake German Steel helmets

I sure would like to know how to do that.We cant stop repros,so we might as well have good ones!

2. # ADS

The sad thing is that alot of us probably already do have repros and just don't know it! It took me three years to face the fact that my M42 SS was repro - and not a very good one at that! I believe they call it living in denial!
    Frank

I have a question - Norwegian post war liners that were originally of german manufacture were usually painted a reddish brown. Now were all these updated liners stamped with the liner size within a circle on the leather? Did the Germans ever mark their liners in that fashion - maybe even rarely? And my last question is it possible to bleach out or remove the reddish paint from one of these post war liners just enough to have the liner look authentically aged to match a comparible original? I have a liner that looks good it's soft and pliable - not stiff at all. It looks aged. There is a faint remnant of a circle towards the front of the liner. When I flip the tongues of the liner I see what looks like paint from a Norwegian post - war in consistently but enough to make me wonder.
    Anybody have some thoughts on that?
    Thanks,
    Frank

Hi Guy's,
    Just wanted to add that the Norweigan red paint can be removed by careful use of Acetone and water.I have cleaned back a liner very well using this method. It came back to original colour with very little efffort and make sure you remove it from the band as well.Each time you take some paint away use some water to clean it and just keep going until its all gone

Best of luck and happy hunting

Tom

I was offered a luftwaffe paratrooper helmet from a russian dude that told me he dug it up in ukrain and repainted it, it has no linnen inside (Just the shell) and whats bothering me is that it has no stamps, is this straight away a fake or where some helmets unstamped? He just wanted 60 Euroes for it but i am really suspecting a fake... what do you think?

It should be maker marked either "ET" or "ckl" plus the shell size and batch number. It could be so pitted this is impossible now to see.

We really need some pics.

Cheers, Ade.

I know its repainted, the question is could it be genuine?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake German Steel helmets  
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake German Steel helmets 

A fake made from a cut down Stalhelm.

Cheers, Ade.

You are gold ^^
    Saved some hard erned money on this one... so then it will fit nicly in this section. I have no clue about helmets. Thanks, keep this thread alive. It is super!

?

Hello, my 1st post. here is the first helmet I got. I was told is was a real shell, new paint, new liner, new every thing, but a Real Shell.
    Marked ET66 and 4440. As you can see in the photo there is no way that is a separet rivet, its stamped. Oh well. I plan to deck this baby out with fake paint, decals, liner, pins the works. Make it in to a 100% fake SS double decal M35.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake German Steel helmets  

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast