Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

fake normandie helmet?

Article about: hello guys Annoyed from this ads?   i got a question I can buy this helmet but is it original? the seller says he is 100% original but where must i look for? hope you guys can help me g

I am with the dislike camp too many of these around for me that is why I don't collect cammo's myself each his own. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    What kind of tools? at the moment for me the tan/ochre maybe postwar and the rust/brown and green may have been added later, I'd test the paint I doubt the liner belongs myself.

Who knows Eric, I didn't Fake the helmet. Maybe a flat screwdriver, maybe something else. I'm not a carpenter or mechanic and don't know the names of tools. I call them whatchamacallits and hand me the thing. Very untechnical terms.

Tell me what would you "test" the paint with exactly and how it can magically tell if the paint was applied prior to mid May 1945.

im in no position to pass judgement but do own a normandy stahlhelm myself albiet in relic form ,from the pictures im more comfortable with the inner rim paintwork than the exterior shell paintwork ,my own thoughts are this could well be genuine but judging by the strong colours especially the green and brown im leaning towards it being embellished postwar rendering it worthless ,like i say its just my opinion so shoot the messenger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12