Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fake painting or not?

Article about: They look like reenactors paint jobs

?

Default fake painting or not?

hello people

i got a question about 2 helmets,is the painting fake or original? the winter camo looks fake but the decals i dont know

cheers buxler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fake painting or not?   fake painting or not?  

fake painting or not?   fake painting or not?  

fake painting or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake painting or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: fake painting or not?

Winter camo is one of the most difficult paints to authenticate. Can you take pictures of each helmet outside? The natural lighting will help us make a better judgement. Is the vent hole in the second helmet stamped? That would make it an M40, extremely rare to find an M40 double decal. Also, the liner rivets are not original to the shell, at least when it was painted.

Regards,

Corey

?

Hi Corey,
    I just made some other pictures for you. what do you think about the decals? are these the original one's?
    i think it is a model 35

regards,Bux
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fake painting or not?   fake painting or not?  

?

Hi bux, I am afraid that both of them are no good. Can you take a photo of the liner in the winter camo. Also a couple of better close up pictures of the decals. So far it looks like two helmets which have been spiced up with some fake camo and decals. From what I have seen so far I would pass on both of them.

Cheers Alex

I'm not feeling either of these. As was mentioned snow Camo helmets are hard to authenticate. I don't like the decals from what I can see of them.

Hi Bux, are you buying or offering these?
    I saw the wintercamo on a dutch biddingsite (marktplaats). I thought decals might be ok, but in bad condition and therefor "disguised" with a postwar wintercamo. But am not sure about it. Anyway, I might be wrong, but decided not to put an offer in, didnt give me the right feelings..

hmm, I was hoping that outdoor pictures would make it easier. To be honest I can't come to any conclusion with the double decal helmet, I can't even tell if it is an M35 or not. In my opinion the DD needs an in-hand examination. I wouldn't write it off until then. As for the other helmet, I like the pattern of the camo. It appears to show the type of paint loss and wear that originals have. The aged coloring of the paint also looks okay to me. The second helmet (no decal) has a fair chance of being original, as of right now I think it is, but I would have to see better detailed pictures of the paint in order to get any sort of verification. If you already own them then I suggest getting super detailed pictures and posting them, or, if you really really want to know, have the helmets mailed to a dealer/expert for authentication. If you are looking to buy them, I would definitely recommend you pass on both of them. The pictures are just not good enough.

Regards,

Corey

?

hello Willem i offer these 2 helmets
    my opinion is that the decalls are ok from the winter camo! but the camo i am not sure,
    thats why i ask it here

greetings

As the others have said both the paint jobs are post war. To me the decals looked rubbed and I am yet to see a wear pattern like these have on a real decal. Until high quality pics come through of the I would say they are also post war.

I would not be buying these helmets if I saw them, hope they are listed as postwar camo's

Jason

The darker camo paint job loooks to have been sanded away. Not genuine IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast