Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Fake or Real

Article about: Any assistance in determining authenticity is greatly appreciated. The seller had a post-war helmet advertised as a WW2 piece so I just wanted to be sure. Your time and knowledge is greatly

Default Fake or Real

Any assistance in determining authenticity is greatly appreciated. The seller had a post-war helmet advertised as a WW2 piece so I just wanted to be sure. Your time and knowledge is greatly appreciated

Fake or Real
    Fake or Real
    Fake or Real
    Fake or Real
    Fake or Real

Cheers and thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or Real
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Real Liner, Real Shell. Assuming it is an M40 but can't really be sure. might be an M35

But the color looks off. Not sure if it is the photos but wrong paint color / texture for a re-issued helmet (I see no evidence of a decal). But could it be a single color camo??. 3rd photo there appears to be traces of a different/lighter color / layer of green paint on the inside skirt. It this a camo?? I myself really can't tell much from these photos

Also, the helmet is in near relic condition with the heavy pitting. Which for me brings up the question as to whether the liner has been swapped in.

Lots of questions for me...I would want to see much better photos (outdoor photos?, and of the split pins?)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's an M35 (lot# & smooth light green interior paint) that was probably re-issued at some point with a new wartime steel liner. Strap is an original early one, what's left of it. Looks like it was stored in a very poor post war environment. Look at the way that one aluminum chinstrap lug is oxidizing.
    D.

Thanks for all the information. This seller has been really sketchy and so are the photos. When I ask for photos they’re always the same ones and are usually sent somewhat blurry (maybe intentional). Asking price is $750 CAD but there are way too many questions for me to even consider it.

Thank you everyone for the time and assistance. Gonna pass on this one.
    Last edited by TippyCanoe7; 08-22-2019 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Fix typo

If their asking for $750 and don’t have the decency to provide better quality photos then I would walk away simply on principle. Wise move to pass - there are plenty of other good ones out there.

way too much.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    way too much.
    Yep, WAY to much, it is all original, an M35 etc as David said, but not worth anything like the asking price. Leon.