Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.

Article about: Hi all, This helmet has always sounded unorthodox to me; especially the decals... Hope I'm wrong? What's original if not all? (dreading your responses already! ) Is this an M1942 shell at le

RON
    ?

Default Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.

Hi all,
    This helmet has always sounded unorthodox to me; especially the decals... Hope I'm wrong?
    What's original if not all? (dreading your responses already! )
    Is this an M1942 shell at least with an authentic liner this time?
    Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.

Cheers!
    Ron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Feldgendarmerie Stahlhelm Tropical Camo.

Another bad one I'm afraid. Helmets like these are still made (by Czechs) and for sale in Europe , I think you pay 250 or more euros for a fabrication like this. All repro even the liner in my opinion.

RON
    ?

Are you saying they also replicate the actual shell? Wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to use a real regular one instead and 'upgrade' it?

?

Ron , they are made mainly for reenactment, but the unscrupulous among the "sellers" will try anything to get bigger bucks from the unwary, some will even mark the helmet with lot no/s, makers marks, and even put relic liners in, in fact some are exceptionally good

The shell of the helmet above is original...................
    Regards,

Steve.

RON
    ?

That's the problem with buying online... The minute I got it, I felt something was wrong but thought that the shell and maybe the liner were sound...

?

I think it might be prudent in future to post photos of any prospected buy from the internet. the guys on here can help save you hundreds of hard earned cash

?

Post before you buy.

The price should also be an indicator , lids like these cost usually less than what an original costs. You fell into the two pit traps for new collectors. Camo's and SS the two most faked and reproduced helmets. If you don't know your way around them it's best to avoid them.
    Yes the Czech use original shells , not that it will help you much. It's best to get rid of the helmet as is.

?

The fake helmets made worldwide, not just a Czech.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast