Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feldherrenhalle

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Having been one of the few collectors to own a Feldherrnhalle helmet, I would like to make my observations. I found mine in the late 0's at an apartment sale in Chicago for \\$3

?

Default Feldherrenhalle

I was interested in this helmet and wonder if it looks legit. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldherrenhalle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrenhalle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Feldherrenhalle

If it is, it's worth a pretty penny!

I am 99% sure this is a reproduction. Decal does not match characteristics of originals. All known FHH lids began life as a Luftwaffe helmet, and have certain features. Any chinstrap with this? What maker and lotnr?

?

Here's the other side. It is a Q64 lot 445.

Single decal? If so, is there a L/W decal under the paint on the other side? Can you get a closeup of the FHH decal? Is it an SE shell? Anders knows a whole heck of a lot about these. Hopefully he will weigh in when the additional information is available. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, but be careful, these are often reproduced. Jim G.

PS- Your follow up post came in while I was posting. I do not know of a real FHH on a Quist shell. I also am not comfortable with the liner.

?

Here's the liner......no chinstrap.

I don't think I like the liner. I've never seen one with the Luft decal on it still, on top of the brown paint, there is a specific swastika decal used in its place. And on top of that it is a Quist which is outside the norm, I would avoid this one.

?

Here's closeups of the liner, which the seller admits it is a replacement. With the replacement liner, is it worth $400?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldherrenhalle   Feldherrenhalle  

Feldherrenhalle  

$400 is steep IMO, if it was a real FHH it would be worth thousands. I'd treat it as a repainted post war shell with a repro liner, $200 MAX. But if you are looking for something with historical value I'd save your money. You can get a decent original Army or Luft helmet for not too much more.

Having been one of the few collectors to own a Feldherrnhalle helmet, I would like to make my observations. I found mine in the late 0's at an apartment sale in Chicago for $3.00! It was the first known example to be in an American collection. I concur that the majority of these helmets are reissued M-35 Luftwaffe helmets painted a distinctive brown color. I have seen two original examples that are not previous Luftwaffe helmets. In 1938, a cadre of the Feldherrnhalle men were transfered to the Luftwaffe. I am sure that is what this helmet is trying to represent. In 1939, that group was transfereed to the Heer. A Feldherrnhalle helmet with a Luftwaffe eagle decal is rarer than the standard Feldherrnhalle helmet. I personally do not like the decal as the color is slightly off. I strongly doubt the originality of this piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast