Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Feldpost or Kriegstammrollen Number?

Article about: Hello everyone. I am preparing to purchase a helmet from Ken B. I am aware of some of his controversies, but I had this helmet vetted over at GHV. It is named and also has what I thought was

Default Feldpost or Kriegstammrollen Number?

Hello everyone. I am preparing to purchase a helmet from Ken B. I am aware of some of his controversies, but I had this helmet vetted over at GHV.

It is named and also has what I thought was a Feldpost number as per his description, but it is looking more like a Kriegstammrollen number based on a thread here I saw here on WAF from 2004. Can anyone shed anymore light on this? Typing 225 into Feldpost Number Database | GermanStamps.net pulls the unit 9. Batterie Artillerie-Regiment 98 which does match up to the person named on the helmet being in artillery. If 225 is the Feldpost, what does the 2/ indicate?

Someone on WAF thought it meant 2nd Battery of Art.Rgt. 225. After a quick search I was only able to find a modern reference: 2.Gebirgs Artillerie Bataillion 225

Which seems odd because units seem pretty well documented.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Feldpost or Kriegstammrollen Number?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldpost or Kriegstammrollen Number?
    P
    Many

It’s my experience. To really get “into it” with the research of a German Soldier and find interesting things about him. It helps if he was an officer (SS even better). An enlisted man like this would be very difficult in my experience to narrow down and dig up lots of info. The Feldpost number PLUS the name PLUS artillery clues may yield something. For some of my items. DOB and DOD and locations of each was as far as I got. Good luck !
    Z

I think I've been thinking of the military structure completely wrong in regards to this. I didn't realize that artillery would technically roll up under an infantry division. So this likely is referring to the 225th Infantry Division.

225th Infantry Division (Wehrmacht) - Wikipedia

The Artillery Regiment 225 was part of this division when it was formed in 1939.
    Last edited by Glittering_Ship4193; 06-29-2020 at 12:48 PM.

The legend 2/225 is not a Feldpostnummer, but does imply 2nd Batterie of 225 Artillery. Nice looking helmet.