Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feuerschutz/Politzei helmet

Article about: by MAP I will say, not a style (with the flat bottom edges) I've seen before but I don't follow civies so not claiming one way or the other... Something bothering me about this one too as fa

Default Feuerschutz/Politzei helmet

I found this helmet at a German flee market from a local. He said it was authentic, but i had my doubts. Still looks cool regardless if its fake or not. I researched into it a little and the closest I could find were WWII German police helmets. IDK but I was hoping you guys could help me Identify if it was fake or not. seems to be pretty old, it has that "old military stuff smell" that my grandfathers WWII american helmet also has. If it is a fake, why is it so old? and why replicate a police helmet and not a more popular helmet? Any info is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

-JustinFeuerschutz/Politzei helmetFeuerschutz/Politzei helmetFeuerschutz/Politzei helmetFeuerschutz/Politzei helmetFeuerschutz/Politzei helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerschutz/Politzei helmet
    P
    Many

?

This is the original fire helmet. Used during the war and after.

Thanks mate! So you do think its real? I'm thinking post war because of the lack of any decals.

?

This is production until the end of the war. I'm sure. Do not worry. Decal is not required, it is a civil helmet.

MAP
    ?

I will say, not a style (with the flat bottom edges) I've seen before but I don't follow civies so not claiming one way or the other...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree with laser it's a Feuerschutz/Politzei helm, totally original and Third Reich era. So it's seen some action on the Homefront rather than the battlefront but if you are starting a helmet collection then you need one of these. Hope you paid a reasonable price (these shouldn't be priced). welcome along to the forum.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I will say, not a style (with the flat bottom edges) I've seen before but I don't follow civies so not claiming one way or the other...
    Something bothering me about this one too as far as being period. Chinstrap assembly I have never seen. Maybe just a different variant than what I am used to seeing

Okay...found a similar model on Sheas' site. "Scarcely seen Flared Edge". Same maker mark too. Sorry to throw any doubt your way, I just never encountered this model fire police helmet. Sure looks similar as Bills'

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Okay...found a similar model on Sheas' site. "Scarcely seen Flared Edge". Same maker mark too. Sorry to throw any doubt your way, I just never encountered this model fire police helmet. Sure looks similar as Bills'
    Good detective work...I was spending my time at the fish market picking out the perfect clams and mussels for my wife's fantastic rendition of Mussels in white wine, shallots and garlic...can't wait for dinner tonight!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I paid 38 euro for it, now that I'm confident its real I'm glad I did! Really cool start for my collection. I'm stationed in Germany and plan on exploring war memorials and battlegrounds. Maybe I can pick up a few more relics from the locals on the way! thanks for the help.