Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....

Article about: I came across these photos whilst looking for something else on my computer and thought I would post them here for interest and for you to admire or critique as necessary. Obviously they wer

?

Default A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....

I came across these photos whilst looking for something else on my computer and thought I would post them here for interest and for you to admire or critique as necessary.

Obviously they were behind glass and in museums so I can't provide any further images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....   A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....  

A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....   A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....  

A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....   A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: A few cammo lids from Normandy and Malmedy.....

This is what I dream of my man cave to look like someday, is it just me or do some of those chinstraps look fake?? and are all those helmets good? I know that being in a museum doesnt make something automatically authentic but if they are all good then thats some pretty amazing stuff!

From afar any German camo helmet looks nice (even a Chinese fake) , I can only guess but based on my visits to museums probably more than 50% of those camo's are fake.
    Of the FJ's and the SS helmets the percentage will be even higher.

I'm guessing this would be a good mix of repro and genuine helmets? Either way, looks great! Thanks for sharing!

What museum is this from? Thanks

?

Some are from Dead Man's corner, some are from another small little museum in Saint-CĂ´me-du-Mont and some are from the Museum at Malmedy.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

What's the general opinion on the SS helmet with chickenwire? I'm seeing a round bottom fake decal and U.S., not European, pattern wire on it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'd love to have that 12th SS Ă„rmelstreiffen. I think the helmet in the third to last photo has convincing wear. As Frank said, they all may look good but in the end hands on would be needed to garner honest conclusions.

Quote by big ned View Post
    What's the general opinion on the SS helmet with chickenwire? I'm seeing a round bottom fake decal and U.S., not European, pattern wire on it.
    The wear on and around the decal is very suspicious.

IF they were all real, that would be a helmet collectors wet dream. Hands on examination of most of them would be needed to know for sure. Still, a nice mix to show a representation of what might have been.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast