Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few camos

Article about: by helmetone Have you found these types of Camo helmets to be more expensive that the usual Camo helmets, based on their specific use in Norway invasion and the detailed use of concrete? I s

?

Default A few camos

Just got a new camera, so thought I would take out some of my camos and give them some air!

First up, a KM M40 ET64 sand camo.

A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos

- - Updated - -

Next, an M35 Q62 Normandy camo.
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few camos
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: A few camos

Last, my favorite helmet. I dug it out of the woodwork in Norway in 2008. ET66 M35 Luftwaffe concrete tricolor camo.

A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos

What can I say,they are BEAUTIES! You are going to make me spend money on a camo if you keep this up.

Quote by NARVIK View Post
    Last, my favorite helmet. I dug it out of the woodwork in Norway in 2008. ET66 M35 Luftwaffe concrete tricolor camo.

A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    A few camos
    Now that's just freaky!! imagine the thought process behind dribbling cement onto an already spray painted helmet ...... "h'mm not cammo enough"

It makes you wonder what that soldier was trying to blend in to.

From a distance the lines look like little tree branches with an Autumn sky behind them. It's a very cool Camo pattern and someone had some time on their hands.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Now that's just freaky!! imagine the thought process behind dribbling cement onto an already spray painted helmet ...... "h'mm not cammo enough"
    Here are some frames from the German film on the invasion of Norway in 1940, entitled "Kampf um Norwegen". I recently discovered that soldiers were wearing helmets with the same concrete pattern. This helmet comes from Norway, and there are at least three others like it in Norwegian collections. I have inserted a black and white photo of my helmet in the same aspect for comparison in the second photo.

A few camosA few camos

I might add that the helmet was sprayed AFTER the concrete was applied. I believe these period photos show helmets with concrete without spray paint, as they look uniformly dark. Bill Shea had a Luftwaffe lid similar to these for sale recently on his site (unpainted concrete/sand strips over factory shell), although it has a pattern more similar to my KM sand camo.
    Last edited by NARVIK; 07-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Have you found these types of Camo helmets to be more expensive that the usual Camo helmets, based on their specific use in Norway invasion and the detailed use of concrete?

simply OUTSTANDING that normandy is just bueatiful, the norway libatrated camo is just the icing on the cake, congrats!

All top shelfer's as I said at GHW , I absolutely LOVE that concrete lid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast