Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally!

Article about: yesterday i received my very first, original, untouched, never been in a collection, vet bringback, complete helmet! (well, complete enough. i put a reproduction drawstring on it.) I am prou

Default Finally!

yesterday i received my very first, original, untouched, never been in a collection, vet bringback, complete helmet! (well, complete enough. i put a reproduction drawstring on it.)

I am proud to say that it is a very nice Toned Single Decal Heer M40. it is a Q62, with lot number N137. the decal is a bigfoot decal and its pretty much all there. the chinstrap is cut down.

I have never been so happy in my life! i have been waiting 7 years for a helmet like this!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally!   Finally!  

Finally!   Finally!  

Finally!   Finally!  

Finally!   Finally!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Finally!

Congrats, beautiful helmet ! May there be many more to come

NICE HELMET.I got a couple questions does lower serial numbers make a helmet more valuable and does larger size increase the value like 68 AND 71.

?

Always nice to have fresh out of the woodwork examples. My compliments.

In answer to the question above no there is no real value associated with low lot numbers in general although the early Sans Serif font ET 1935 may be a small exception. A harder size to find a bit. PS there are no 71 sized helmets, you are probably thinking of a 70.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Always nice to have fresh out of the woodwork examples. My compliments.

In answer to the question above no there is no real value associated with low lot numbers in general although the early Sans Serif font ET 1935 may be a small exception. A harder size to find a bit. PS there are no 71 sized helmets, you are probably thinking of a 70.
    Thank you for the info.I have never bought a helmet because of the serial number or size but this was something someone told me just want more info on that.I bought a helmet a couple of months ago and the size was 68 the guy was trying to get more money because it was a large size I told him the size did not mather was I wrong.
    thank you again for your help always willing to learn.

?

A 68 is a harder size to find. However some collectors may pay more for a 66 sized pot because they find them more desirable from an aesthetic viewpoint and some may pay more for a 60 or a 70 because they are so hard to find.

Condition really rules over all with respect to value, IMO. These other things like a hard to find or a more pleasing size, personalization, publication, etc are not dominant in the pricing equation.

I suppose it cuts both ways and as always, price is whatever a collector is willing to pay and a seller agrees to sell it for.

?

women collectors i suspose would prefer a large helmet to a small one ,so to them size would matter rgds Dave

i had Brian Bell appraise this helmet at $850! i wonder why its a bit more, maybe because its a quist?

wow...nice helmet,,,for a couple of hundred more than it was valued at,you could have had a m-35 double decal,,,,

got one to trade?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast