Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

finally got it.

Article about: by griffinz so will i never know if its army or KM .only paid 300 uk pounds so ok. Post a clear, head on shot of the decal with no shadow and it will be easy to identify.

Default finally got it.

finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.finally got it.hi all finally recieved this helmet.i thought it was an army helmet ,not sure now the emblam is gold even though its had a coating of something too golden .its marked EF 64 AND 10016L OR 10916L one number bad stamp.it also has 2 stamps on liner lugs a 57 and another cannot tell.the strap is marked HEINRICH SOHNE cannot read next bit also 1941.the liner has a name but cannot read.heres some pics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement finally got it.
    P
    Many

Default Re: finally got it.

Congrats, great lid!!!
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 12-16-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

It looks to me like it might be a Pocher with a coat of laquer or something over it.
    Last edited by ObKrieger; 12-16-2011 at 01:23 PM.

I am always wrong about these
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

What's a Pocher?

Pocher is one of several different makers of helmet decals.

Looks like the whole exterior has been varnished or lacquered.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

a rather nice lid you got there (now stick it back under the tree and wait for santa to deliver it )

?

The laquer /varnish unfortunately for me spoils what was a nice lid !! But it is what it is so enjoy it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

so will i never know if its army or KM .only paid 300 uk pounds so ok.

It is a very nice example of what I am pretty sure is a Heer helmet. Tha laquer gives it an interesting patina and I would love to have it on my shelf.

It is original, and that's the important part after all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast