Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!

Article about: Hey guys! What a year of helmet collecting for me. I absolutely love this hobby and every single one of you guys here on the forums, whom have helped me learn so much about these helmets. Yo

Default FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!

Hey guys! What a year of helmet collecting for me. I absolutely love this hobby and every single one of you guys here on the forums, whom have helped me learn so much about these helmets. You guys are the real legends. This year I got three helmets, but they are all beautys. I got a DAK/Tropical SD M40, a M40 single decal white-wash, and now a beautiful M40 SD Kriegsmarine helmet. I have been to shows all year and this is the first one I came into contact with. They certainly are getting a lot harder to find. This KM helmet has everything going for it, a real been there look, a faint outline around the eagle and the gold shine of the decal really made me feel comfortable with this one. Liner and chinstrap are original to the helmet. It is a ET64 and the lot number is 5043. I honestly love it more then both of my other helmets because in hand it is a beaut. I would love your opinions as usual, and I would love to see other examples of KM helmets that you guys may have. I also am curious, when they say the KM helmets are three times rarer then SS helmets, and a boatload rarer then Heer/Luft/Police hemets, is that actually true?

To everyone, if I do not post or if am not active through the holiday season, I wish you all happy holidays!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!   FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!  

FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!   FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!  

FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!   FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!  

FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FINALLY! My first Kriegsmarine helmet! A BEAUT!
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Congratulations on a nice find! I would hesitate to quantify it, but yes, KM helmets are quite rare.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Nice helmet - I've been after a KM helmet for some time as well but they are super rare. I guess the Coastal Artillery would have them, but less so on ships and of course if the ship is sunk, so is the helmet.
    It may be the light, but i'm struggling to see the double layer construction on the ET decal - can you take some photos of the decal at an angle?
    I think it's there, but just a bit difficult to see in these shots.

nick

?

Lovely find, True Grit.
    I can hear the excitement in your post!

Well done... makes me think I really should have a KM!

All the best,
    Bob

A superb "one look" KM helmet, well done, that black border is very clear around the Adler's edges. A very nice example. Leon.

What a beautiful helmet! Congratulations!

Well done a really nice one to add to any collection ....

A stunner of a KM helm! The only KM helmet I own was re-issued to the Norwegians after the war...

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A superb "one look" KM helmet, well done, that black border is very clear around the Adler's edges. A very nice example. Leon.
    I thought I could see it, but wasn't sure - I need my eyes testing

The problem is of ascertaining if the decal is not a toned one.
    If the decal has "the ridge" it can sail into the evening sun as an undisputable KM.
    If it has not it comes down to color depth and that can be a tricky thing.
    It is very hard to explain KM gold look.
    You can see the ridge here :
    Kriegsmarine decals – German Helmet Vault

My concern of the decal posted is that it looks like a brown wash instead of gold.
    (even a smoking collector can affect the tone of the decal over the years)

But if the ridge is present it is a non issue of course. I can't see it on the photos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast