Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet

Article about: G'day All, Got this today, The decal is a gold egal and it has the meatalic look to it. It is stamped on the rim. with a makers name and the date "3.5.193_" It has a padding that h

?

Default Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet

G'day All,

Got this today, The decal is a gold egal and it has the meatalic look to it. It is stamped on the rim. with a makers name and the date "3.5.193_" It has a padding that has come away from the dome with a stamp, Seems to have had more than one set of decals in its history, the decals wont come off with the finger nail scratch method. I like the look of it and it "smells" right if that makes sense to anyone????? Seems to have a WW1 type of chin strap with some wierd little tabs coming out of the liner rim????

Took a risk with this one, not got one of these in my collection.......Be gentle with me!

makers mark seems to be "VorschrillsmeBlg n.V.ll.M.dL.vo 3. 5. 1934" though somewhat faint in parts.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet   Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet  

Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet   Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet  

Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Firemans Aluminium Parade Helmet

It is perfectly genuine. The tabs are for the protective neck guard attachment.

?

Thanks for that my friend, so you reckon the decals look ok? Never had a double decal anything before. I like the look of this helmet!

The decals look great to me. There were various reasons for re-decaling a helmet and these might have been done for simple looks to keep it sharp for appearances. No worries on this one, IMO. All done pre-1945, so all original. I want one of these also. Never had one in my collection and often passed them up when I was actively collecting in the 70's to 90's because I strictly collected military items. They used to be quite common and inexpensive. They only increase in value. Always a good investment.

?

I have quite and eclectic condition, this helmet and a gladiator luftschutz are my only non combat helmets. Thanks for your input and time!!!

?

My next helmet will have to be a beaded combat helmet, I like the look of those too.