Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First german helmet

Article about: Its the big, long scatches that always worry me, general wear and tear usually means knocks, chips and small scratches. Unless the owner was repeatedly crawling through barbed wire with his

Default First german helmet

A little history, I bought this about 10 years ago when i finally started making some good money and was finally able to afford my first german helmet, since then i've learned alot, but theres something about this decal that throws me off, I could be wrong, but your opinions are truely welcome, it's a m40 ET62.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First german helmet   First german helmet  

First german helmet   First german helmet  

First german helmet  
    Last edited by bowlin7178; 04-21-2011 at 07:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First german helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: First german helmet

The helmet is blue?

decal looks fake to me....

?

In one picture it appears blue and another grey green, as for the decal i think Frank, Doug or Jim may comment, the liner appears very unworn all over yet a ring mark , sweat mark, whatever, the pins appear to have been in situ and aged with the helmet, what does irk me, is that there is rust pushing through the decal which would suggest it was applied either over a damp or rusting area, but lets see what the guys think

helmet looks blue to me also...

I don't think I like this helmet.

I don't have a good feeling about this helmet, the decal, almost new rust, no rust beneath the liner even though the rest is quite rusty, the color throws me off too. But other than that, it is quite a nice helmet.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Hi Bowlin,
    Sorry to say but your first helmet is also your first fake. (welcome to the club...) The helmet appears to have been repainted, relinered, and redecaled with a fake decal, and then sandpapered and scraped with an awl, and then aged. Sounds like a lot but really in a couple hours of painting and scraping, spray it with a saline solution and leave it in the garage for 2 weeks, a guy can turn a shell worth $50 into a helmet for $500. Unfortunately this one is for the dogs now sad to say but the good news is there are a lot of real samples out there to acquire.

The camera makes it look blue but it's really more green than blue, I had my doubts about it for along time, i've since acquired a dozen others and this one just stood out as bad, just needed someone else to say it.

It's bad all round alright. Pots like these are were around 15 years ago when I started collecting and I bet even much longer like 25-30 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast