Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First helmet of 2016

Article about: Hi there! My name is Justin, but people call me Jay. I'm a new 15 year old collector. I hope that this will be a fun ride! Anyways. After saving month after month, I was finally able to buy

Default First helmet of 2016

Hi there!

My name is Justin, but people call me Jay.

I'm a new 15 year old collector. I hope that this will be a fun ride!

Anyways. After saving month after month, I was finally able to buy this helmet with a liner, but no chinstrap.The thin white lines you see are a thin layer of self Renaissance Wax with a paintbrush.

I'm presuming that this is a Emaillierwerke Fulda, size 66 judging from the EF66.
    Not sure what the number in the back means, could I get some help figuring what those are?

Thank you for all the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First helmet of 2016   First helmet of 2016  

First helmet of 2016   First helmet of 2016  

First helmet of 2016  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First helmet of 2016
    P
    Many

?

JB... Welcome to The Forum... I gather that you did some homework on this helmet and that is a plus +++ IMO... The members here are better than the "Better Average" and "Top Notch" and are more than willing to help.
    It is refreshing that a younger generation is going to carry the torch for future collectors... !!... With best regards and spirit... Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks, Gwar!!

I really appreciate your kind words.

So... Is she a keeper?

Quote by Justin Boothe View Post
    Not sure what the number in the back means, could I get some help figuring what those are?
    Hello and welcome to the forum Justin!
    Those would be the lot numbers from when this helmet was manufactured.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for your reply, Ralph!

How do I find out when it was manufactured from these numbers? Is there a chart?

?

Quote by Justin Boothe View Post
    Hi there!

My name is Justin, but people call me Jay.

I'm a new 15 year old collector. I hope that this will be a fun ride!

Anyways. After saving month after month, I was finally able to buy this helmet with a liner, but no chinstrap.The thin white lines you see are a thin layer of self Renaissance Wax with a paintbrush.

I'm presuming that this is a Emaillierwerke Fulda, size 66 judging from the EF66.

Thank you for all the help!
    This is not my area of expertise... ( If I have one ) But you have vast resources here ... Second to none.. Hands down... This Forum is the "Best" for accurate and experienced collectors from around the world... Stick with your collecting interests... Search threads... And always ask questions if help is needed.. You will not be disappointed.... I assure you... Again... Welcome.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Justin, welcome to the forum. You have bought a nice HEER M40 for a first helmet and the lot number refers to a batch/run of helmets that were made in the factory. The purpose of the numbers is that if one helmet from the batch was found not to meet ballistic standards, the whole batch would be "pulled" as inadequate. Some factory's had their lot numbers run in sequence, but others did not, it was simply an identification tool. If you can see inside the liners steel headband in the gap between the band and the helmets shell near to where the chinstrap bales are located, the year of manufacture will be stamped into the band, just don't damage the liner band trying to see it though! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    If you can see inside the liners steel headband in the gap between the band and the helmets shell near to where the chinstrap bales are located, the year of manufacture will be stamped into the band, just don't damage the liner band trying to see it though! Leon.
    Just remember, the date of the liner could be different than the date of the shell.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

you made a very nice buy.

Thank you all who replied. Thanks for the information on the series of numbers, Leon, and Ralph.

It seems to have been through quite a bit. I hope that my passion continues and I can grow on this forum.

Ps.. Would it be frowned upon if I were to buy an original chinstrap and add it onto the helmet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast