Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

First Offical Posting!

Article about: Hello and thank you for letting me be here! I came across this helmet and wanted some second thoughts on it. I did look up the Rbn Number on the chinstrap and it does appear that this number

FNG
    ?

Default First Offical Posting!

Hello and thank you for letting me be here!

I came across this helmet and wanted some second thoughts on it. I did look up the Rbn Number on the chinstrap and it does appear that this number has bin faked but it looks good. I just dont know about the rest of it and the Odd color of paint. The pictures are not the best but here we go...

First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!First Offical Posting!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Offical Posting!
    P
    Many

FNG
    ?

must be a bad sign if no one is taking a guess, probally bogus

?

Quote by FNG View Post
    must be a bad sign if no one is taking a guess, probally bogus
    FNG,

Welcome to the WRF. Give it some time for the helmet gurus to review. Sometimes takes a bit. I am not an expert on camo helmets but I know we have resident helmet heads who are.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Need a little patience FNG. I am not able to comment but the helmet guys will be around shortly, like after work and dinner or other.
    John

?

Welcome, no worries you'll get some feedback from the helmet guys and others in due time. Sometimes it takes a while depending on what time of day you are posting, not to mention here in the states most guys are running around last minute trying to buy something for their sweet-hearts or end up in the dog house for Valentines day. Also it helps to include something descriptive in the thread title to attract more attention and traffic. As a helmet novice I'd say the helmet itself looks good with maybe a post war weird paint job trying to simulate camo. I can't make out the writing but it could be vet applied on a take home souvenir. You'll get better answers from the helmet collectors.
    good luck, Al

In my own opinion the helmet looks good and that it had Vet art which would mean that it was being sent back without the camo on it then whoever picked it up after it was sent back home wanted to make it more valuable by putting there own camo on it trying to pass it off as a original camo. I would not pursue the helmet. Like others said The veteran Collector’s will be around to help you out also just give it time.

FNG
    ?

Thank you everyone. I just noticed I didnt even put a description on the title. I was just excitied to post something!. Yes you are right, I forget about the time zones and such and makes sence and its a holiday and I hope nobody gets the dog house, I forgot it was valentines day already and now Im in trouble. THanks for the encouragement!

THe guy wanted 360 dollars for it. If it has a post war applied paint job on it then I'll defiently pass on it thats for sure. I apprectiate everyones thoughts on it already but Ill wait in the dog house on other responses!

I personally would leave it where it is ..... unless you are really an expert on Camo’s or SS Helmets leave well alone, they are the 2 Helmets that are favourite to fake by the Scumbags or so called Rogue Dealers.

Would pass on this one. Looks un natural

Yes...the chinstrap is a repro
    D.