MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help

Article about: Hi All First of all let me say Hi I have been viewing the site as a guest recently and took the plunge to sign up and seek your assistance ,if you dont mind! My Father passed away last year

You really should post them separately. it is very confusing as to which photos belong together.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help
    P
    Many

- - ------- - -

sorry
    i shall try and do a more organised thread tomorrow, quite new to the whole forum thing!

Quote by dillonuk1 View Post

- - ------- - -

sorry
    i shall try and do a more organised thread tomorrow, quite new to the whole forum thing!
    Look at the topics of established members so you can see how to photograph a helmet , the details are important like decals and such.
    Take your time with this and don't rush it. The feedback will be worth it if you do it right.

A helmet photoshoot should look like this :
    SIDE A , SIDE B , DECAL CLOSE_UP , INTERIOR

?

dillonuk1,

Firstly, welcome to the forum...

Please tale note of the above post (by member Schwerpunkt) as this will go a long way toward assisting you with regards to your collection.

Carl

Agree with the above - BTW just so you don't get too despondent, the second box has much better chances than the first!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

I agree with Dan. 2nd batch has some that show promise of being original, but nothing that appears to have much value.

Individual threads with photos like Schwerpunkt has asked will help immensely.

That said here is a quick run down of your first batch of helmets (best efforts and others may disagree)

1) Tan Helmet - repainted M35 style shell with fake decals and fake liner/chin strap. The reinforced aluminum liner band might be original
    2) Appears to be a WW1 Austrian M16 shell with butchered vent lugs. Looks like someone might have tried to pass this off as a transitional helmet given that it has WW2 party shield decal (or just remnants of it). From the pictures can not tell if it is original paint and I doubt if the decal is original.
    3) M35 shell which appears to be original. Black paint is post war and decals (with the national shield appearing to be hand painted) are fake.
    4) M40 helmet. Appears to be a "relic" shell that someone threw gobs of thick paint on and then hand painted the national shield on.
    5) WW1 M16 shell. Appears to be fine with original paint. But just a shell.
    6) Civic Gladiator Luftschutz helmet. Liner appears to be original. Appears to be re-painted post war.
    7) M40 Heer Shell - This one stands a chance at being original. But again, just a shell.

Note: In some cases I've used the word "style" in referring to the helmet shell as without close up and clear pictures I can not tell if they are original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all for you assistance in identifying these.
    I will grab another couple of boxes later this evening and hope there are some better ones amongst them.
    I shall also put each one in individual posts and try for some clearer photos.
    Hopefully together we can get through this mammoth task!
    Thanks again Dan

Was you dad just a helmet guy or are there other items as well?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi, no my Father was a collector and dealer of all things military really. We have gone through all the medals which were easy enough to identify and value but other stuff like weapons and uniforms are proving tough

Ok i'm going to try take some decent photos of box number 3, hang on guys

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast