Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found alot of german helmets, allies,axis are these real?! HELP

Article about: They're all junk. Just get one from a fellow collector or a good dealer.

?

Default Found alot of german helmets, allies,axis are these real?! HELP

Here are the listings, a M40 Medic helmet from Africa/Italy. WW II German M 40 Medic Helmet Mediterranean Theater | eBay Heres a original bringback from the sellers dad, a M40 from Italy. WW II German M 40 Helmet Original | eBay And suprisingly, a british 7th division, desert rat helmet. WW II British 7th Armored Desert Rats Helmet | eBay Are these are original, please inquire me soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found alot of german helmets, allies,axis are these real?! HELP
    P
    Many

Only my opinion you understand, but it seems to me this bloke has set himself up in business selling rather dubious-looking helmets. The 315 looks as though its felt tip for gods sake! He also appears to like a nice paint-free edge. They all look VERY contrived.

?

I was watching this four panel medic helmet out of curiosity he had listed a couple weeks back was stated to be British but in actuality was a Canadian 42 dated C.L./C that IMO had been all gussied up as well .
    The paint on the exterior of the shell is incorrect as are the panels and it would look to have been overcoated in a plastic coat as is apparent from the discoloration, runs and the chipping inside the panel on image one.

Regards Mark

WW II British Medic Helmet Original | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found alot of german helmets, allies,axis are these real?! HELP   Found alot of german helmets, allies,axis are these real?! HELP  

Last edited by Mark K; 04-24-2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Add images and additional information

The item description on the M 40 medic's hemet states:

"The helmet is original, not too sure of the finish and I know that the liner is a replacement that has been 'aged' to match the shell. Too many 'fake' helmets and finishes out there that I didn't want to fool with. Just a solid, nice piece for the collector or re-enactor."

I guess you missed that bit before you posted it Will.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes, please make sure to read the descriptions always. Also use the forums image sharing device, so that these thread serve some purpose in the future. I think that separate threads for the items would be nice too.

?

Can i get any feedback on the desert rat helmet? Btw thanks for the help.

?

Just my 2pennorth people,

So far, I donot like the Desert Rats lid. For one thing, no self respecting soldier would put such a massive aiming mark on the front of his helmet. Not only that, but I have never seen the Rat mark on the front of ANY helmet, seen it on the side of a few though, but nowhere near that size!

Also, and please bear in mind that I donot know much about German helmets, other than what I have learned through the forum, I donot like the M40. For a helmet that is, potentially, over 70 years old, the liner looks almost brand new, and there is, to my eyes, a distinct, unnatural colour variation between the inside and outside of it.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Hi Will IMO a complete fabrication having this insignia painted on the front of the helmet would be paramount to painting a bullseye on your forehead and I would not have it in my collection .

Regards Mark

Sorry Ian must have posted at the same time what else to say my thoughts exactly

Back to the medic helmet as one example, this seller has a frustrating tendency of choosing to neglect identifying some of his wares as recreations in the auction title. The title he created for what is identified in the fine print as a copy - "WW II British Medic Helmet (Original)" - is just a wee bit misleading. Now, is this by design?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Will IMO a complete fabrication having this insignia painted on the front of the helmet would be paramount to painting a bullseye on your forehead and I would not have it in my collection .

Regards Mark

Sorry Ian must have posted at the same time what else to say my thoughts exactly
    No prob's Mark,

Nice to know that I'm not the only person singing off this hymn sheet!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA:Jimpy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast