Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found this M40 Snow Camo, need somebody to double check it for me.

Article about: I usually avoid camo helmets unless they are offered by a reputable dealer, but the winter paint on this one looks original to me. It shows flaking, brush strokes, and age. This is where I s

Default Found this M40 Snow Camo, need somebody to double check it for me.

I usually avoid camo helmets unless they are offered by a reputable dealer, but the winter paint on this one looks original to me. It shows flaking, brush strokes, and age. This is where I stand right now: the liner is post war, the chinstrap is a possible fake, the interior has been cleaned so much that the original paint is worn off, the winter camo appears original, and the helmet has no visible markings. I am only interested in the shell and the winter paint, so let me know what you think.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found this M40 Snow Camo, need somebody to double check it for me.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Found this M40 Snow Camo, need somebody to double check it for me.

I do not believe this winter camo is original but the strap looks ok to me. The winter camo does not show the age I would expect of a winter camo nor does the wear appear to be natural.

Winter camo helmets are among the biggest minefields in helmet collecting. Tread carefully!

Quote by DougB View Post
    I do not believe this winter camo is original but the strap looks ok to me. The winter camo does not show the age I would expect of a winter camo nor does the wear appear to be natural.

Winter camo helmets are among the biggest minefields in helmet collecting. Tread carefully!

Thanks for your help. I see exactly where you are coming from. Lets wait and see other people's opinions before I pass this one up.

I am totaly with Doug.
    The camo does not look original and does not show the the age I would expect .
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I am totaly with Doug.
    The camo does not look original and does not show the the age I would expect .
    chris
    Thanks Chris, I think I'll pass on this one then.

I agree. This one does not look good to me.

The strap is the best thing on this helmet ! No realistic top wear + all the other negatives you mention are red flags.