Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Found this in a neighbours garage

Article about: Just wait till Chrissy sees this one

Default Found this in a neighbours garage

First time poster here, found this forum via the internet.
    I found this helmet in a neighbours garage, helping her clean up in there. She said it belonged to her late husband who was German, but didn't really want to talk much about it. She'd forgotten it was there, and didn't really want anything to do with it so she said I could have it.

Can anyone tell me what the mark on the side is, and if it's worth anything at all? It looks like it's in good condition, but can you tell me if it's authentic or not?
    I'll post some pictures of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found this in a neighbours garage   Found this in a neighbours garage  

Found this in a neighbours garage   Found this in a neighbours garage  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found this in a neighbours garage
    P
    Many

Default Re: Found this in a neighbours garage

An authentic M35 double decal Kreigsmarine helmet. Looks like someone painted/colored over the tricolor shield at one point though... Why can't I find one of these in a garage???

The national decal has been poorly painted...back to front?

Hi Wehrmacht39, thanks for the quick reply!

So it's authentic. Will the fact that someone has pained over the shield decrease the value of it? What do these items typically go for?

-Markots

I like the helmet, it's a M35 maker ET size 66. Love the paint and the decal but not the painted one. By rights the natonal shield should be there but either complete or scraped off/painted over, certainly not painted as it is not. Would like to see more of it though, close up's of the decal, the liner etc before values are spoken about

Cheers
    Jason

Just looking at the shield pic again it looks like it had been period scrapped off, and someone has repainted backwards. Why is the question that comes to mind. Who would have mucked with it post war?

I'd also like to see some closeups of the liner including the inside of the liner rivets. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing but the rivet heads look a different colour to the shell.

Hi VolksJager.

Here are some more photos I just took.

Regarding the 'mucking', I have no clue. As far as I know, it's been stored in that garage since they moved to this neighbourhood (1981ish), before that I have no idea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found this in a neighbours garage   Found this in a neighbours garage  

Found this in a neighbours garage  

Thanks, I like the liner and it's defiantly a KM, just don't like the painted shield. Might be a vet bring back that tried to restore it, or even an early collector or relative.

I wouldn't worry about the liner pins being a different color Glenn, not an uncommon thing.

Jason

Looks pretty good! Is the chinstrap buckle end a different colour (black) compared to the long strap end (brown)?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast