Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Free French Resistance Captured German Helmet

Article about: I found this German Helmet that appears to be captured & reused by the Free French Resistance. Unfourently I didn't get to take good pictures today but I can probably upload better ones

Default Free French Resistance Captured German Helmet

I found this German Helmet that appears to be captured & reused by the Free French Resistance. Unfourently I didn't get to take good pictures today but I can probably upload better ones later. Was this a common thing for resistance fighters to do with captured German Helmets as I've never seen one before?

I know the dealer well and he runs a very amazing store & is very trustworthy, but I've never come across an example of this before so any second opinions are much appreciated!

Free French Resistance Captured German HelmetFree French Resistance Captured German Helmet

(Sorry for the flipped pictures, I can't seem to upload them correctly)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Free French Resistance Captured German Helmet
    P
    Many

I would treat any such helmet with just suspicion.
    Unfortunately in today's time any helmet with added painted insignia are very hard to authenticate.

What the helmet you posted is concerned one would need much more detail photos to give it a thumbs up if even it is at all possible.

Hopefully I'll be able to take some better pictures soon and get them uploaded!

Hello, why not, I have pictures with FFI...

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

That's Awesome! I've just never seen a helmet like the one I'm considering, so just want to get opinions on the authenticity of the free French symbols as I've never come across any before

Dangerous territory to venture into. Really with an item like this "provenance is everything". If the vendor can supply evidence of provenance, such as a letter from who he got it from, stating "My father brought it back home from France in 1945", or something similar, then it might be worth considering. Without any provenance it would be wiser to pass on it.

Better pictures are required, but I like the look of it. Price is also a factor as well as provenance. Is there a liner, any info on it that might tie it into a particular unit or location? Research first and then consider.

As said, much better close ups are needed, but I would tread very carefully with a helmet like this as there is no real benchmark to make an assessment from. Provenance would make this a very desirable and expensive piece, but without it I would be very wary. Leon.

It does have a liner but the pins on the helmet are a little loose so I'm not sure if it's been replaced. I'll try to take some better pictures when I go back!

MAP
    ?

Are there known examples with this type of painted on symbol??

I would suspect a "captured" german helmet would be VERY quickly painted in the field at the time of a spontaneous (or semi-spontaneous) with markings that were clear and unmistakable (Lebus' photo).

I would find it a stretch to think that the organized French Resistance would do this

All just conjecture on my part...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast