Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Freikorps helmet?

Article about: Found this helmet on Craigslist. When I went to look at it, there was a swastika on top with dots. Is this a legit Freikorps helmet. Is the painted-on swastika genuine from the time period?

?

Default Freikorps helmet?

Found this helmet on Craigslist. When I went to look at it, there was a swastika on top with dots. Is this a legit Freikorps helmet. Is the painted-on swastika genuine from the time period? The maker is "G" size 62. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps helmet?   Freikorps helmet?  

Freikorps helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freikorps helmet?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I see no relation between this swastika and the Freikorp.

I do not profess to be an expert on the Freikorp but I thought their symbols were the skull and also the more stylized bent swastika (happy to be corrected in this)

It is most probably a post war addition. What color is the swastika? It looks like a light lavender in my cell phone
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

To me, this has a biker vibe....

No freikorps, why would they put it on the top for no one to see.it was done post_ww2

?

[QUOTE=cricketchris1944;157 No freikorps, why would they put it on the top for no one to see.it was done post_ww2[/QUOTE]

I'll have to agree. I have not seen a swastika on top like that.

I have seen a few with the swastika on the top.most of them were done by vets

MAP
    ?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Actually I have seen helmets like this. In was not unheard of for a vet to do this. Ken (german war helmets) just sold one

As far as this helmet is concerned , I see no reason a vet would put a swaz on a WW1 shell IMHO..so post war to me. And in light lavender no less.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Actually I have seen helmets like this. In was not unheard of for a vet to do this. Ken (german war helmets) just sold one

As far as this helmet is concerned , I see no reason a vet would put a swaz on a WW1 shell IMHO..so post war to me. And in light lavender no less.
    Edit: took too long to post...Chris beat me to it...that's what happens when the dog is begging to be let out....

With a little bit paint leftover from painting a kids room?

Quote by Pablo View Post

I have to disagree ;-) It was a clever but short lived new FreiKorps design for aerial recognition

Not many helmets with this paint scheme survived...

MAP
    ?

Finally looking at this from a PC. The Swaz looks new and the paint looks like modern latex. It also is glossy with almost no wear, except where the helmet rust came through.

But I think this is all superfluous information as I think we all agree that it isn't legit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast