Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece

Article about: Here is a French M26 that appears to have seen some action before it was captured, repainted and reissued to Luftschutz personnel. I bought this one locally, from, I believe, the son of the

I am curious as to the value of one of these Adrian reissues if anyone an help. I have come across one that looks to be authentic. It is light blue in color. I think I can pick up for less than $100 US but I have no idea if that is a good deal or not, these are far outside my area of expertise. Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry, I have no photos of the helmet.

Thanks in advance,

Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

A follow-up to my previous post.... I've scoured the internet looking for photos of M26 Luftschutz helmets and only came across a couple. Are they that scares or just not that collectable?

But the real question I have, for anyone that has some knowledge of these helmets is in regards to the color. The particular helmet I am looking at is a light blue (not a shade of grey) and I have not seen a like example anyplace I have looked, although I've not found many either. I sure wish I would have taken a photo of it. Can someone shed some light on this if at all possible? If this sounds to be a good helmet, I think I might run over and grab it tomorrow.

Thank you,

Russ & Son

Real nice example of foreign helmet in LS service I think one could make a whole collection alone on the captured helmets in German service I have always liked them. timothy

?

Nice collection

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Here is a French M26 that appears to have seen some action before it was captured, repainted and reissued to Luftschutz personnel. I bought this one locally, from, I believe, the son of the vet. Personally, I like the capture/reissue pieces, even though they are not high on the list of most collectors. Hope you like it. Cheers, Jim G.

I have same helmet ! we need to sheer together what we know about it visit my bage.

Question about Luftschutz helmet.

best regard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12