Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece

Article about: Here is a French M26 that appears to have seen some action before it was captured, repainted and reissued to Luftschutz personnel. I bought this one locally, from, I believe, the son of the

Default French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece

Here is a French M26 that appears to have seen some action before it was captured, repainted and reissued to Luftschutz personnel. I bought this one locally, from, I believe, the son of the vet. Personally, I like the capture/reissue pieces, even though they are not high on the list of most collectors. Hope you like it. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece   French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece  

French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece   French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece  

French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece   French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece
    P
    Many

unusual nice

Very interesting lid Jim you have some nice helmets in your collection! Do you have anymore captured and reissued lids?

Hi Jim , another unusual and interesting Third Reich variant. Thanks for posting it. Leon.

Hard to find in France, they used them in other countries.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Very interesting lid Jim you have some nice helmets in your collection! Do you have anymore captured and reissued lids?
    Yes, I have a Czech Luftschutz, and both a captured Ssh 36 and a captured Ssh 39 both also reissued to the Luftschutz.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 04-07-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Wow I never saw those style helmets used by the luftschutz before only the beaded and gladiator helmets. Thanks for the info

I like it!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Yes, I have a Czech Luftschutz, and both a captured Ssh 36 and a captured Ssh 39 both also reissued to the Luftschutz.
    Would you mind posting them, I think it would make a great thread, I also have a Czech re-issue. The M26 is a really nice. There is a Dutch re-issue for sale although I would have expected the badge to be removed.
    WW2 captured Dutch, Nazi Luftschutz Steel Helmet

Steve.

Here is the SSh 36, denazified and sans liner, but it will do, and a Czech CZ32 that I forgot I had, reissued to a Police unit. I don't have pictures of the SSh 39 Luftschutz reissue or the Czech cz32 Luftschutz reissue readily at hand. If I have some time later this week I will pull them out of storage and post a few shots. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece   French M26 Luftschutz Helmet - Capture/Reissue Piece  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast