Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

French volunteer helmet?

Article about: Here is something you do not see everyday! A German helmet with French colors! The other side has nothing. There WAS an emblem there, but it was scratched off, so that nothing remains except

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default French volunteer helmet?

Here is something you do not see everyday! A German helmet with French colors! The other side has nothing. There WAS an emblem there, but it was scratched off, so that nothing remains except the white outline of the shield. White? SS?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French volunteer helmet?  

2. # ADS

pegase001
    ?

Default Re: French volunteer helmet?

Hi

this helmet was for the LVF

another one in a belgium museum

@+, pegase001

Most of them are known fakes...first one is crap....never seen the second one, but it doesn't smell good at all.....

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi Bob, I would have real concerns about the insignia on the helmet. As JP has already mentioned, fakes of these are legion.

These can be found as waterslide transfers, directly hand painted on or done via printing process (like how beer bottles are printed).

I have yet to see an original of one of these which is deemed to be genuine by serious helmet collectors. Foreign volunteer hemets are exceedingly rare.

Cheers, Ade.

This one looks to me as if its country of origin is in the Baltic region, and I personally would take a wide berth. For me it is a "ONE LOOK" fake.

These ones are so rare only a close in hand inspection will do.I personally have seen about six or seven of this type of helmet,every single one of them a fake.My advice is dont pay more than you would for a no decal lid.

?

If I had a nickel for every "no decal" M42 with a French tricolor painted on I've seen posted or with the fake crap on dealer tables I could quit my day job.