Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

geman?helmet Ebay

Article about: i dont know at all what to make of this one , anyone got any ideas , item no 330430078833 , cheers ian

ian
    ?

Default geman?helmet Ebay

i dont know at all what to make of this one , anyone got any ideas , item no 330430078833 , cheers ian
    Attached Images Attached Images geman?helmet Ebay  geman?helmet Ebay  geman?helmet Ebay  geman?helmet Ebay  geman?helmet Ebay 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement geman?helmet Ebay
    P
    Many

Default Re: geman?helmet Ebay

ian, Genuine model 1916 Stahlhelm, (a small one,a, 62 looking at the stepped airvents) only mucked about with, repainted , after the liberation of the Channel Islands (i notice its for sale in the Channel Islands). What was it doing in the Channel Islands you might ask !....well my guess is a vet bring back after the last job and not left over by second or third line troops who were part of the occupation force, notice it still has remnants of the original M91 chinstrap, the buckles and mounting plates, if these plates are original to the helmet, (it is a common occurance for them to adhere/seize to the mounting bolts) also notice the airvents are filled, probably with mud/paper, this was done by the original wearer during the Great War to stop the wind from whistleing down their lugholes !....

ian
    ?

thanks mate ,im not interested in buying it though i was interested in what it was ,learning every day , thanks for the info cheers ian

I stuck an early bid on this one ,but asked the seller more questions about its origin.i actually like the faded union jack!