Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Genuine camo or no ?

Article about: Local guy is selling this helmet on a FSBO website. His description is as follows; "Here is an original WW2 German camouflage helmet that I picked up at an estate sale. Complete with th

Default Genuine camo or no ?

Local guy is selling this helmet on a FSBO website. His description is as follows;

"Here is an original WW2 German camouflage helmet that I picked up at an estate sale. Complete with the original liner, chinstrap and decal. The shell exhibits typical scuffs, scrapes and loss of paint. No dents or damage. Their is a army decal still present and showing wear also. The original liner is complete with all the fingers, and shows dryness and quit a bit of aging. The original chinstrap is present and looks complete. Side skirt is marked ET66 and 4757 on the rear. All three original pins/washers present. This is a early M35 helmet. Nice original helmet that has survived over the years."

Any info and insight would be great, as his price sounds reasonable.

Thanks,

AP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Genuine camo or no ?   Genuine camo or no ?  

Genuine camo or no ?   Genuine camo or no ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Genuine camo or no ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine camo or no ?
    P
    Many

Not particularly fond of all the scratches on the outer
    surface - looks contrived. Please wait for more
    answers from our helmet collectors.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Try the regular helmet forum, or wait for a moderator to move it. Good luck.

Samir

Hi, to be honest I cannot really tell for sure from these images if it is original or not. What I would say is that all those "scratches" from someone either trying to "age" newly applied paint, or remove old (how old??) cammo would put me right off. Personally I would pass on this as It brings up to many questions. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, to be honest I cannot really tell for sure from these images if it is original or not. What I would say is that all those "scratches" from someone either trying to "age" newly applied paint, or remove old (how old??) cammo would put me right off. Personally I would pass on this as It brings up to many questions. Leon.
    I completely agree, the photos are my first point of concern (too small to make out fine details).
    Details such as wear (honest or not), decal (real or fake), and so on.
    But, from what we can see, and as has Steve as already alluded to, those scratches are usually
    a good indication the wear is contrived, and photos like that are the norm to attempt to cover up that fact.

Brad.