Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genuine M40 hemlmet ????

Article about: I picked up this helmet today at an antique store, can anybody tell me if it looks genuine please.

Default Genuine M40 hemlmet ????

I picked up this helmet today at an antique store, can anybody tell me if it looks genuine please.Genuine M40 hemlmet ????Genuine M40 hemlmet ????Genuine M40 hemlmet ????Genuine M40 hemlmet ????Genuine M40 hemlmet ????Genuine M40 hemlmet ????Genuine M40 hemlmet ????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine M40 hemlmet ????
    P
    Many

Hi.
    Nothing is genuine, including the shell, very poor indeed. A little bit of research and you would be able to dismiss this within a one second look.

thanks, can you please explain how its so obvious to be a fake.

The shell, shape/profile incorrect, bogus stamp marking, poor crimping on inside. paint lacks age/patina. The liner has no age/wear, wrong texture/colour/shape.

Quote by Bigduke6 View Post
    thanks, can you please explain how its so obvious to be a fake.
    Just compare with a regular ET and note down all the differences :
    Et 68 m40 army (bathtub)

Hi, I'm sorry to say that there is really no similarity between a genuine M35/40 and your example. The steel is not original, the paint is incorrect and the liner is also fake, those SS liner stamps can be found on all sorts of fake leather items to "sex them up". Get your money back if you can and stay well away from this seller. Leon.

Thanks guys for the info . I thought the shell shape was perfect . It was just a bad photo

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys for the info . I thought the shell shape was perfect . It was just a bad photo
    To be fair, we don't know if you are brand new to the hobby or what. It can be confusing at first to anyone who is just starting out. But spend a few hours looking at original helmets and you will quickly see the major tell tail signs a beginner Helmet 101 student should look for (there are many more things to learn at the Helmet 202 Course and just wait till you get take the Advanced Micro USB Decal Analysis or Chicken Wire Netting courses...LoL).

As said above, this one strikes out on EVERY helmet 101 attributes you should be looking at. Paint, leather, font, rolled edge and crimp, liner band, vent lugs, etc.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Genuine M40 hemlmet ????
    Looks the same to me. But this time with a fake decal. Any other photos? Interior?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast