Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German camo helmet, is it a fake?

Article about: I thought that I saw three seams on the liner...clearly the Saturday morning vision was playing up... I agree with Jim and Adrian, liner looks good. Hopefully somebody can comment about the

Default German camo helmet, is it a fake?

Hi,
    here is a German camo helmet that a seller sale online.
    in your opinions is it a fake or a good original?

Thank you
    Partisan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German camo helmet, is it a fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German camo helmet, is it a fake?

Hi, the leather inlet is from a civil air defence or Firepolice. Is a number in the neck (lot number) or on the last Picture of the Right side a size number (Q64 or ET64).

Thanks gerd 911,
    and about the camo paint?
    Partisan

I think this is a fake, it is just not giving me a good feeling about the camo. The liner should not be like that on a combat helmet, this is civilian(Notice how it has 9 flaps, they should only have 8). So my suggestion is to run away, fast!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

kc1
    ?

Didn't the largest size shells have a 9 tongued liner?

?

There were both, 8 and 9 finger liners depending on the size of the helmet, but i have my doubts about this one, there appears to be another seam opposite the rear one but i cant enlarge, im not convinced about the camo either but it would help if there was the function to enlarge

?

Hello Partisan,

There are questions about this liner, as has been stated above. Also, without photographs of the maker's mark and production codes it's never easy to comment. If you can put close up pictures of the inside of the helmet, you will get more help from some of the guys on here, some of whom are excellent at assisting with items such as this one. Usually, the marks are found inside the helmet on the left side and at the rear. An example would be "ET64" on the left or to the rear indicating a size 64 (medium and most popular sized) helmet made by Eisenhuttenwerke of Thale. Then, at the rear you should expect to find a three or four digit serial number indicating the production code (example 3460). Good luck anyway!

Regards

Carl

[QUOTE=Gerd 911;339501]Hi, the leather inlet is from a civil air defence or Firepolice.

I disagree. The leather looks like a normal part of a combat M31 liner, and if my eyes aren't too buggy from last night's copious dose of calvados, the leather looks like it is 2 pieces laminated together. Nine fingers is fine in a bigger sized shell - a 68 or 70. I am not a fan of the camo though. Jim G.

?

Im glad you piped in there Jim, my eyes are buggy too and i didnt have a drop last night, im glad im not seeing things though , cheers Dave

I would agree with Jim's comments.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast