Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....

Article about: There is a new helmet book, German Combat Helmets 1933 – 1945 by Peter J Nash. We must warn collectors that this book is full of fake helmets!! Page after page with fake helmets and decals s

?

Default German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....

There is a new helmet book, German Combat Helmets 1933 – 1945 by Peter J Nash.

We must warn collectors that this book is full of fake helmets!!
    Page after page with fake helmets and decals shown from the author’s 30 years collection.
    If we are counting back this means he started collecting in 1988.... and I think we can easy see that.
    Nearly every helmet shown looks like they was bought from eastern europé ebay sellers....fake decals and cheap fake liners.
    Showing many fake big foot Heer decals and the text decal "vs shell correlation is false". In his words
    “This false theory has resulted in de-valuing many collections and the smearing of well intentioned dealers.”
    Ohh that conclusion must have come in mind since he have fake big foot Heer decals on all helmet makers shells...
    The fake big foot decal was used by all makers then!!

This is a word off warning, see the photos from the book below and make your own conclusions.....
    You do not need to have a very trained eye on decals and helmets to see that this is not the real deal....

Another interesting review of the book.... German Helmet Vault BLOG – German Helmet Vault
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....   German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....  

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....   German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....  

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....   German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....  

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....
    P
    Many

This is quite interesting. Actually, the book holds some value. It shows images of what is deemed fake & what decals to avoid.
    Surprising the publisher accepted this garbage. But if there is a chance money can be made....that's the priority I guess.
    Thanks for posting my friend
    D.

Hello,
    Warning our members about content that is fake is ok, that's a part of our duty here, but showing multiple images that must have a copyright is bad. Showing the cover and one or two samples of what's inside is ok, but again showing a lot of images without the publishing house or author's permission may cause us some trouble.
    Thanks

PS : and by the way, impossible that this Freies Indien helmet is a fake, i was there when the Obergefreiter Avinash Giriraj from the Indisches Infanterie-Regiment 950 closed the package and sent it to the US of A via UPS. But that's another story...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Well the author has certainly made himself look ridiculous within the helmet community.

MAP
    ?

Luckily only 100 copies printed so if no reprint hopefully missinformation will be limited.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The crazy thing is that in the eyes of the unlearned, books like these legitimize those "smart artist" helmets.

"Wee'll all be roooned, Laddy!!!!"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Would like to know if this "author" had any co-authors & what their names are. An acknowledgement page ? My guess is this was a "Solo-effort" if indeed there was any effort at all

I saw Frank's review with its healthy dose of sarcasm and condescension.
    What's scary is that there could be people out there wanting a good book to make a serious decision on their helmet purchases and grab this one.
    It's only via this forum that i knew the best books to purchase to help me along the way and not everyone will know this.

Nick
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 04-18-2018 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Spelling

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Luckily only 100 copies printed so if no reprint hopefully missinformation will be limited.
    There is a post on FB telling the book is sold out and a second printing off another 100 copies is on the way.....
    Do not know if it is true but lets hope not.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Would like to know if this "author" had any co-authors & what their names are. An acknowledgement page ? My guess is this was a "Solo-effort" if indeed there was any effort at all
    Here are some more "information"....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....   German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast