MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.

Article about: German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet. Size 66 Shell has guaranteed 100% original WWII period brown camouflage paint and decals, with the standard police eagle on the left si

Both decals are fakes.this type of Danzig decal is a post war fabrication.sorry to say even the camo is no good .
    Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.
    P
    Many

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Both decals are fakes.this type of Danzig decal is a post war fabrication.sorry to say even the camo is no good .
    Chris
    Chris,
    That's strange, I can't even find the crest decals anywhere, that even come close to the one on helmet.
    I have found the police decal and it's spot-on!! please show me the fake (CREST) ones if you can, Thanks..
    As for the camo. I say it's good. imho..

I have brought from this collector/dealer for some time now and have brought many helmets from him in the past and everything was as stated. I can't believe he would do this.

I did email the seller (dealer/collector) that was selling the helmet and asked him ,
    Question, Who guarantees this to be 100% original?
    He responded back,
    I do,, I have had it looked at by several very experienced dealers and collectors, you have a return privilege as long as you like, thanks..

Thanks, Bill

Thank you Anders.

Can anyone gather info on the one decal showing 2 griffins and a swastika?

This military group comes to mind... " Finnish Utti Jaeger Regiment " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utti_Jaeger_Regiment

I could be pissing in the wind too ..but have to start somewhere with the use of a Swastika and a Lion.

Regards Larry

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The decal is for Danzig. I refer to one here in this old thread:

Dutch helmet with swastika and lion's decal

I don't believe them to be original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by superpro42 View Post
    CRICKETCHRIS1944, in your opinion, why is helmet and the decals fake?
    Points of interest to me. The original lugs were removed and replaced with air vent grommets - never seen that before. NEVER seen the Heimwehr Danzig police decal before - ever, in any way, shape, form, or fashion - that is astonishing. The outer shell still wears the original Austrian brown with the original decals and the strangely applied camo?! The exterior looks pretty darn real to me, certainly wouldn't rule it out. - outstanding whatever it is...
    You can't say they are Original decals , therefore you need someone with experience look at them with a USB microscope.
    Many fakes look pretty darn real to a lot of people , that's why ever so often people are left with a hangover and an empty wallet.
    That's why we collectors should discuss such one off pieces and be realistic.
    Have it checked out in hand by a host of helmet collectors and you'll quickly know what it is.

Quote by superpro42 View Post
    Chris,
    Who guarantees this to be 100% original?
    He responded back,
    I do,, I have had it looked at by several very experienced dealers and collectors, you have a return privilege as long as you like, thanks..

Thanks, Bill
    Upon reading this I would return the helmet asap to this nice dealer :-)

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Upon reading this I would return the helmet asap to this nice dealer :-)
    I would if I was you.
    sound like you bought that helmet.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I would if I was you.
    sound like you bought that helmet.
    And you should post the other helmets you bought from the dealer that said this helmet is good.
    If they are like this one, you are in trouble....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2