Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German Fire WATER Police Steel Combat Helmet NS64

Article about: I have just bought this fire helmet, it has NS64 mark inside (Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke in Schwerte) and the size must be 64 is thaht correct. The helmet is a German Fire WATER Police

Default Re: German Fire WATER Police Steel Combat Helmet NS64

Hi Kradspam
    You might be right, but there are many helmets in Denmark from the war wcich are in really good condition, they look like they have never been used. I have another helmet which was stored in a bunker in Copenhagen, it look as it just has left the factory, and the dansih Civil Defense used the german helmets some years after the war. I still think the helmet is oroginal, but has been changed at one time, and I can feel and see on the painting on the right side that there has been a decal.
    Regards
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Fire WATER Police Steel Combat Helmet NS64
    P
    Many

John your helmet is a ww2 NS64 shell.
    But it has been repainted and a comb added post war.
    I do not see any decals ,would need better pictures.
    chris

Hi Chris
    Perhaps you can see the Square in the paint on these pic, I enclose without my markings and with.
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Fire WATER Police Steel Combat Helmet NS64   German Fire WATER Police Steel Combat Helmet NS64  

German Fire WATER Police Steel Combat Helmet NS64  

It is the wrong style of helmet to be be a fire, police, Its not a m34.......... note the lack of vents and comb slots.
    Its a very post war modified helmet, the fire and police helmets are rare nor expensive.
    Morris

There could be a decal under there though I can't really see anything, but usually these helmets were stripped to bare metal after the war before being repainted black. For what it is as a post war re-used German helmet it's a pretty nice example, but not hugely collectable to a WW2 collector.

?

In 1977 i was visiting family in Germany we went to the fire hall where my dad had been a volunteer fireman,they were switching to the modern helmets and my dad had asked that we pick up a couple of helmets for him. When we got back home(from vacation) my dad actually took one which he suspected was a war time helmet,he carefully stripped the external paint and the decals and everything(paint) were underneath...

KGrunt
    Nice story, but I am "afraid" to stip of the paint to see if there is any decal, that will be an investigation for further generations :-), but I am sure there has been one, I can feel a diffrence in the level of paint and see a Square.
    Regards
    John

Hi KMMorris
    Yes, I am sure it is a M34 which has been modified.
    Regards
    John

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi KMMorris
    Yes, I am sure it is a M34 which has been modified.
    Regards
    John
    John I am sorry but this is in no way a M34,it is a M40 combat helmet NS is never found in civic helmets.
    This is not a variation of a M34.
    I collect civic helmets I know what I am talking about.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    John I am sorry but this is in no way a M34,it is a M40 combat helmet NS is never found in civic helmets.
    This is not a variation of a M34.
    I collect civic helmets I know what I am talking about.
    chris
    Chris is a 100% correct.........

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast