Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...

Article about: Hi all, Not usually my area of interest , I picked this up cheaply at a local non military auction. Would appreciate if anyone can confirm originality please, and value if correct. Rear is s

Default German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...

Hi all,
    Not usually my area of interest , I picked this up cheaply at a local non military auction. Would appreciate if anyone can confirm originality please, and value if correct.
    Rear is stamped *407 side ET66 ??
    strap has ***** **** Berlin 1939 at end.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...   German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...
    P
    Many

further pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...   German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...  

German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...   German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...  

further pics

German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...   German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...  

further pics

further picsGerman Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...German Helment authentication required, local auction pick up today ...

Hopefully my gut feeling was right and I picked up a good one ...??
    Be interested to hear feedback and any opinions ?? Thanks Steve

it looks to me as a single decal camo,if good you got a bargain.but wait for the helmet guys.

Original M-42 by ET that is about as far as I want to go on this one. timothy

Hi, I must admit I do not like the paint work at all, it has been sanded and scratched all over, not a natural pattern of wear. The "D" rings also look to large and thin to me,( I am looking at this on a small screen though!) I suspect that the liner is not original and the lot number stamp is very low on the skirt. For me this is a messed with shell at best, although I feel it may all be faked unfortunately. Leon.

Thanks Leon for your advice,i am though still not convinced that it is wrong .Grey paintwork remains on inner shell , when checking behind external bolts this remains also on the ouside , no sign of relic paint over in these areas . Under magnification paint work has chipped off ,yes scratched up but under magnification I am unable to detect consistent sanding directional lines ,and the inner liner appears contemporary with the piece, rather than an add on . To find out if right or wrong I think I will have to get someone to inspect it to be 100% sure eitherway.
    thank you for your input and its definetly something to look at.
    best wishes
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast