Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Helmet

Article about: Can someone help me with this helmet. I have been told it is a faked helmet but i want to make sure. Thank you.

Default German Helmet

Can someone help me with this helmet. I have been told it is a faked helmet but i want to make sure. Thank you.
    German HelmetGerman Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Helmet

Nothing "fake" about it as such.

What you have is an original wartime USAAF M3 flak helmet. These helmets were manufactured by McCord Radiator and Manufacturing Company of Detroit.

HOWEVER, these had limited buyer appeal many years ago. We are talking over 40 years ago now. So an enterprising surplus dealer tried to make them "German" and added these fantasy decals to boxes of these in order to sell them to the gullible as German items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade beat me to it I agree.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I remember seeing these idiotic swastika labels on these helmets almost 40 years ago. A shame, as when trying to remove the embarrassing mess, you almost always end up ruining the flocked paint beneath.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wow....never seen this type before....I'd love one, minus the fantasy stuff.....what a design!!

?

As stated NOT german, but its collectible in its own right as a M3 flak helmet but you will need to try and remove the god awful swastika decals but great care should be taken in order not to remove the underlying paint and textured layers, it may prove difficult

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helmet   German Helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images German Helmet 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for the pics and info.....another helmet to add to my ever growing want list

?

Bought one sans decals as a kid in a surplus store for 3 bucks.

Quote by Mikel View Post
    Bought one sans decals as a kid in a surplus store for 3 bucks.
    I'll give you $5 for it now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast