Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet?

Article about: Hi. Aye i gotta check that out. Talking about importing stuff my dad has an american pick up truck we got stopped at american customs comming back into britan this was after 911 he had a fus

Default German helmet?

Hi.
    I have been looking around the internet and i am new to collecting and would really like a ww2 german helmet in say reasonable condition.

Would eneyone have a guesstimate on a price? or mabey selling one and could do me a good deal (lol i really am cringing here you gotta ask) or mabey there are any good reproduction helmets that eneyone could speak for any good companys making them i would like a steel one i know there are a lot of plastic ones around?

Thank you very much.

VAMPY/Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet?
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: German helmet?

Quote by VAMPIRE V12 View Post
    Hi.
    I have been looking around the internet and i am new to collecting and would really like a ww2 german helmet in say resonable condition.

Would eneyone have a guesstimate on a price? or mabey selling one and could do me a good deal (lol i really am cringing here you gotta ask) or mabey there are eney good reproduction helmets that eneyone could speak for eney good companys making them i would like a steel one i know there are a lot of plastic ones around?

Thank you very much.

VAMPY/Alex
    Hi Mate,

If you want original you must expect to pay mega -bucks ,check out ebay for prices, if you want a decent repro you can get one fot about £40 odd quid again from ebay, other than that stick around and somebody might have some better advice.

Cheers
    Gaz

Default Re: German helmet?

Hi.

Yeah i seen some ones on ebay repos they are good they are made the same weight and i think the same steel but i gotta figure what emblem to place on it if i got one.

Thanks m8 i will try to wait about a bit i am traveling to the states next september so im gonna do some hunting there for helmets and bits and bobs.

VAMPY

Hi.

One last thing just for a question what you guys think is better?
    Helmts:
    m35
    m40
    m42
    fallschirmjager helmet/para helmet

Thanks all.

VAMPY

Hi Alex, don't be tempted to buy anything reproduction. It will be money wasted.

As a young collector I imagine an FJ helmet is going to be out of the question for you due to price. You would be looking at around £3000.

An M35 would be a good choice. But again these always go for more of a premium in price. So an M40 or M42 would be the cheapest option.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello mate
    Dont get too put off by looking at top range models... I have and frequently see for sale:
    De-nazified M40 with liner £150
    M42 - Relic Helmet with Liner found in a German canal a few years back - £30
    M16 - Verdun Relic £30
    M42 - Genuine helmet used by extra on Band of Brothers set - £50

Just keep looking around mate as you will definately stumble across one. Always ask opinions on here before parting with cash... If you cant ask... dont pay too much!

?

a good cheap idea is to stick a wanted ad in your local supermarket for ww2 militaria ,you never know your luck, i put an ad in and was offered british helmets and even got offered a gun collection,or save as much as you can and buy a good example s/d , you will only regret buying a repro , but like the others have said post pics here first ,and good hunting ,rgds Dave

?

Whereabouts in the uk are you because there are some pretty good arms fairs around where you can pick up either relics or better conditioned helmets of all types, War and Peace in kent is always a good place to attend or Oddysey in the summer months or Bedford arms fair or the Hands fairs held about every three months or so.It just depends on where you are.

Hi all.

I live in middlesbrough/north east/north yorkshire
    well if a repo will waste my money there is not point buying one.
    I gotta keep my eyes open like i said i am going to America this September so i will keep my eyes open there aswell.

I think i have to go raid my nanna's attic she told me that she has a soldier ''Tin hat'' so i am guessing either ARP as her dad was in the arp or a standard infantary one. There is also rumor of a gas mask i am there lol.

VAMPY/Alex

Quote by VAMPIRE V12 View Post
    Hi.

Yeah i seen some ones on ebay repos they are good they are made the same weight and i think the same steel but i gotta figure what emblem to place on it if i got one.

Thanks m8 i will try to wait about a bit i am traveling to the states next september so im gonna do some hunting there for helmets and bits and bobs.

VAMPY
    Hi,

No worries, sounds like a plan going to the states, check out what you can and cannot import though!!

Cheers
    Gaz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast